• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by beej.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Beaulieu
  • Nobby

Anyone been in recent times?

Jr’s expressed an interest in the museum & I notice they’ve now got a Top Gear section & a special Bond bit these days – just wondering whether it was worth a 2 hour drive or wait & make a weekend of it or something.

chojin
    Free Member

It’s horrifically expensive for entry. Over £20 per person if I remember.

20 quid for a museum!

Nobby

I’ll not be paying full price 🙂

Taff
    Free Member

I went a few months back and really enjoyed it. Think I paid full price but you can get free readmittance with a month/year. The cars are awesome. The Top Gear stuff isn’t amazing as its not changed in a while by the bond stuf was cool. The main museum is just ace though… If you like cars! A nice day and you can take a picnic and enjoy it in the abbey or near the river

Nick

The Tank Museum in Bovington, about an hour away, is better

peteimpreza

Can you borrow an Alfa for a day?

Half price entry on the 30th June if you go in any Alfa.

http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu-events/club-rally/simply-italian

Mintman
    Free Member

It’s expensive but if you spend a day looking at the exhibits and milling around the grounds etc then it’s not too bad.

The Top Gear stuff was ok, really just a collection of things they’ve made. The Bond exhibit was much better with bit more of an insight into how they bond-ify the cars, do stunts etc.

With all the other stuff like the weird cars, evolution of F1 cars and so on, I think it’s a great day out.

andytherocketeer

Think the last time I went there I was about 6.
    All I remember was the novelty of the monorail (assume it’s still there?)

weeksy

Sammy Miller museum for me and my boy is more our thing.

tonyg2003

Brooklands is good value compared to that at £11. Aviation, cars and bicycles- if you like that – I do. Afterwards you can pop into the massive Merc centre next door for free too.

lasty
    Free Member

Beaulieu is a fine day out – good variety of exhibits . As well as the stuff youd expect they’ve even got a display about the S.O.E during the war years as the estate was used to house and train the agents.
    Fascinating stuff and totally unexpected.
    Try to go when they have an event/show on, easily fill a day !!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You just missed the auto jumble. £8.50 with full access to the museum and other attractions. You can happily spend a couple of hours there or even a whole afternoon if it is your first time. You would struggle to fill the weekend

Nobby

Thanks chaps, reckon I’ll give it a go – will see if I can lay my hands on an Alfa, Pete. 🙂

chiefgrooveguru

The Tank Museum in Bovington, about an hour away, is better

Possibly the best museum ever!

stumpy01

It’s a good day out (I went last April), apart from the Top Gear bit which is a load of toot.

Also quite pricey, but definitely a full day worth of stuff.

beej

And Monkey World is right next to Bovington.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Beaulieu’ is closed to new replies.