Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • bearing trackworld – what bearing? (For a sander)
  • stevextc
    Free Member

My old Ryobi belt sander died… the main shaft bearing was toasted.
    As it seems a pretty standard size (608) I seem to have lots of choice of bearings.
    Its pretty high RPM so what type is best, I’m guessing metal shield as that seems to be what I prised out?

Something like
    https://www.wychbearings.co.uk/608-zz_fag.html

eskay

Yep, that will do the trick. I usually favour SKF based on testing we have done at work but FAG are ok as well.

stevextc
    Free Member

Cheers SKF are a bit over double from Simply (though I could shop around P&P is half the cost of the FAG ones) … I like this sander though (as you can use it as a linisher as well) so I might see how the rest of the bearings are and check the brushes whilst it’s in bits.

finishthat
    Free Member

Needs to be a large clearance type 3 bearing , as they get hot and expand in most power tools/motors , rubber seals 2rs due to dust, and it pays as mentioned above to get a decent quality bearing from a reputable supplier as there are fakes around especially for the popular sizes.

cyclebiker

I’ve used these in the past for parts for a Bosch sander. Parts came quickly and sorted my issue.

https://www.powertoolspares.com/ryobi

stevextc
    Free Member

I’ve used these in the past for parts for a Bosch sander. Parts came quickly and sorted my issue.

Ah great, carbon brushes .. thanks

it pays as mentioned above to get a decent quality bearing from a reputable supplier as there are fakes around especially for the popular sizes.

Which one? I thought Schaeffler were “reputable”? They make the Hope ones and they seem well regarded? or is it Whych ? I’ve been happy with bike bearings from them and simply…

finishthat
    Free Member

Fag, Nsk, skf, clearly a reputable company , C3 clearance for hot environment- expansion take up clearance, and 2rs – rubber seals for dust resistance .

stevextc
    Free Member

Fag, Nsk, skf, clearly a reputable company

oops… I guess that means I may have bought fake then if understandably you don’t want to call out suppliers…

Done now so I’ll fit them anyway but for future reference (bike stuff) is there a UK supplier that doesn’t sell fakes?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘bearing trackworld – what bearing? (For a sander)’ is closed to new replies.