Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Bearing press/tool/whatever, recommendations?
  • weeksy

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bearing-Press-installation-Tool-Universal-Bicycle-Bearing-Cartridge-Installer/281711415630?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Was thinking about ‘what am i missing’ from my current tools and thought “I need something for fitting bearings etc”

When i did some on the spearfish i used various washers etc but in honesty they were not correct sizes, but did the job well enough. But decided i ought to get something more appropriate.

There are loads on Ebay, but more suited to vehicles it seems, this seems to be a MTB sort of sizes..

What one would you go for ?

Cheers.

daern
    Free Member

I’d love one of the really expensive workshop kits, but I don’t think I’d buy that one as the bearing presses themselves are plastic and will get chewed up pretty quickly on the first stubborn bearing you come to.

Personally, I’ve got the Giant Maestro kit which I had when I was doing a load of Giant bikes for people, but I find that it does 90% of standard bearings anyway and is extremely versatile. I’ve also got most of the proper Hope bearing presses and a few of these which are very useful and come highly recommended.

I’d love the Wheels Manufacturing kit if I could though 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Bearing press/tool/whatever, recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.