Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bearing numpty, help required
  • Picto
    Free Member

Hope ss/trials hus has developed some side to side play.

Checked on the hope web site looking at the exploded view I seem to need
    2x 17x30x7 bearings and one 15x28x7 bearing plus a mystery needle roller (no dimensions on the drawing).

Should I expect to need to change the the needle roller thing, I will try to get the parts before stripping the hub?

If i am likely to need to replace it any ideas on sizes or where to get one from?

Other than the bearings do I need to aquire any other parts assuming the pawls etc are OK?

Any help or advice welcomed.

Picto
    Free Member

Apologies for the appalling spelling – really struggle with laptop keyboard.

motox2k
    Free Member

i would guess that you need to replace the 3 normal bearings, I would assume the needle roller is for the cassette body.

RustyMac

If you drop Hope an email i’m sure they would tell you the part number for a bearing kit for the hub, you can then order one through your local bike shop so long as they stock hope stuff. Sonme online stores may have it listed as a kit already so it’d be woth a quick google.

Hope may tell you the bearing type fopr the needle roller bearing if it is not part of a readily available hope after market kit. You could also ask them if it needs replaces with the other bearings in a general hub service or is for the casette section.

Below is the bearing numbers for the specs listed (Hope give you a handy hint with there part numbers). The 2RS is the sealing on the bearing in this case 2x rubber seals (commonly used in MTB application)

17x30x7 = 61903-2RS bearing
    15x28x7 = 61902-2RS bearing

If you google the bearing type rather than the spec you may find a better selection.

edited to actually make a little sense.

RustyMac
    nealy
    Free Member
    Picto
    Free Member

Many thanks for the replies.
    Will get on with it and swap the main bearings out. Can check the innards when fitting them.

pendlechris
    Free Member

I always find these good on bearings, but they are local to me, and they are mountain bikers
    http://www.onlinebearings.co.uk/6900-2rs-series-thin-section-bearing-pr-16368.html

mokl
    Free Member

Slight hijack here, but need to replace the rear bearings on the hub of my slightly ageing Bontrager Race Lite Tubeless wheels. I “think” that they are DT 370 hubs and that they need 1x 6000 bearing and 1 x 6900 bearing. I am trying to source some high quality bearings and looked at the links above but quickly became confused! Can anyone clarify what I need, links would be amazing! Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bearing numpty, help required’ is closed to new replies.