Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 337 total)
  • Bearing, bearings, bearings, Who thinks they know the score?
  • davidrussell
    Free Member

flamed like a bk special. it looks like everyones disbelief of his "claims" might be the one unifying element of all mtb forums!

kaesae
    Free Member

Who requires evidence for my claims and what form would you prefer this evidence to take?

For example stats for bearings and grease or emails from people who run the bearings I advise. Or a list of the actual research that I have done and experiments I have carried out.

I will be taking the rest of the night off but I'm sure we can get stuck into it tomorrow.

rickmeister

Marin and Whyte bikes have lifetime warranty on the bearings.

They will fail. They are replaced free.

The end.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Who requires evidence for my claims and what form would you prefer this evidence to take?

I'd like to see your degree certificate from wherever you studied tribology, because you clearly know five eighths of f*** all on the subject.

fivespot
    Free Member

A Kaesae quote from another forum. Nice one Coffeeking 😆

"I believe that subtle manipulations to the rear end on full sus MTB frames can improve both the efficiency and subsequent ride quality. On the frames I sell and with the bearings my back ends run, energy is actively being absorbed by the action, as there is less energy for the dampening unit to deal with the whole bike performs better.

Look at it this way if a proportion of the energy that is created when the back end moves is absorbed by the actual back ends action then the shock is better able to do its job. As long as this process doesn’t interfere with the movement of the rear end or shocks dampening there are benefits to be gained.

Say we have 100% pressure or energy in the transfer of movement from wheel contact to shock. With standard bearings there is no energy absorption and also as a result of the loose tolerances play either from the beginning of the bearings life or later on. The rear end will move on a very slight arc, and is therefore not as efficient at dealing with these forces that are being applied to it.
    However in contrast my bearings or teflon thust spacers and other mods actively absorb energy without interfering with the function of the back end or the shocks dampening characteristics.
    How could this not be a good thing? That said the proof is in the pudding" 😕

What a load of b%^*+X

Kaesae, I will try and simplify this. I am no expert, but I think you need help.
    Here goes:-
    If your back end is nice and smooth & slick (with your SPECIAL PERFORMANCE bearings) then the shock has MORE work to do.

If your bearings are stiff or siezed, then your frame and wheel will take a fare share of the shock because when it takes a hit sha**ed bearings don't allow the shock to do its work.

SIMPLES 😕

kaesae
    Free Member

fivespot

Are you willing to do more than talk same question to everyone else.

subtle: oxford dictionary means: slight and difficult to detect.

Now who on here has more than hot air to contribute to a thread?

I have another idiotic idea that I would like to voice who wants to hear it?

mr_mills
    Free Member

I have another idiotic idea that I would like to voice who wants to hear it?

Hell yes!!

snaps
    Free Member

I refer you to previous posts where we established that all your ideas are idiotic – please save your breath.

fivespot
    Free Member

"Are you willing to do more than talk same question to everyone else".

What ! 😕

"On the frames I sell and with the bearings my back ends run, energy is actively being absorbed by the action, as there is less energy for the dampening unit to deal with the whole bike performs better" 😕

The whole idea of the Damper is to absorb energy, the suspension transmits that enegry.
    Did you ever spend a whole day in school ?

allthegear
    Free Member

something tells me he was one of those kids that the teachers were actually relieved when he bunked off…

mr_mills
    Free Member

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I'm not reading all that!

Someone give me a quick lowdown on what this thread is all about…..

Curly68
    Free Member

Zedsdead – Member
    I'm not reading all that!

Someone give me a quick lowdown on what this thread is all about…..

Kael sells bearing kits on ebay. He wants to pass on the message on why he is the best and everyone else knows nothing because they haven't serviced thousands of frame and sold loads of bearing kits. If you have a question, don't bother asking as he will reply with some gobbledegook and then start calling you names.
    SDH have him sussed though as most of us do. Unfortunately, he can't have a mirror or if he does he doesn't look hard at himself!

franksinatra

Kaesae, not wanting to drag up an old thread or anything but, tell us again, where do you get all of those frames from again? Not sure if you ever answered before.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Think I gave you those SKF bearings didn't I TLH If that was over on BM, yes you did 😉

MrOvershoot

TheLittlestHobo – Member

Think I gave you those SKF bearings didn't I TLH If that was over on BM, yes you did
    Yep it was, right forum tart me 😉

mr_mills
    Free Member

Where's he gone? I'm getting worried…

trail_rat
    Free Member

curfew at the assylum im sure !

mr_mills
    Free Member

Got any theories about bearings you want to talk about while he's not here?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Personally I'm looking forward to Kaesae's contributions to the Hifi industry.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I decided to learn what i could about bearings today so i prized the seals of the bearings in my pro 3 hubs and packed them with raspberry jam on the LHS and LEmon curd on the right hand side – and in the front ones i used crushed up krackawheats ….

will test them out tomorrow.

mr_mills
    Free Member

We want PROOF of the improved performance though. None of this "it's better cos I say it is" crap.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Jesus Christ…Should be a 'Probably a stupid bearings question', makes as much sense… 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ultimately if joe bloggs was saying "I think my idea is better, and I don't need to prove it" we'd say "sure, enjoy". But someone trying to sell things and claiming they're better needs to have at least BASIC proof of claims.

Ah well, time to switch off and ignore this one.

Northwind

"I have another idiotic idea that I would like to voice who wants to hear it?"

Oh hell yes. Keep 'em coming.

Pierre

So who knows the score about cables then? Come on, who? ME! That's who!

I have touched expertly serviced more than three literally MILLIONS of cables on bicycles and some people paid me money for it, so I'm a real EXPERT! I know all there is to know about cables, because I've seen some.

I sell highest quality cables. Well, I sell average cables, I mean most of the major cable manufacturers make comparable cables, but I've chosen one brand because they're the best because I say they are. I use galvanised cables because I say they're the best, even though the manufacturers also make stainless steel ones. I disregard all those people who say that stainless steel cables are better or more appropriate because they don't know anything!, not like me, and anyway, they're just trying to make money.

But what's really great is that I lubricate the cables with my own magic man grease! It's REALLY EXPENSIVE, well, it takes me a bit of time and some effort, but it makes a HUGE difference to performance. Because everyone notices the vast difference in high performance cables. Well, I do, because I'm an EXPERT – my hands are so expert-ish I don't need even need tools! Or "science".

Some of you who aren't EXPERTS like me might notice that the cables are not as "smooth-running" or so-called "long-lasting". Well that means nothing. That's because my magic grease actually INCREASES the drag on the cables, but remember I'm an EXPERT, I know what I'm doing. My magic grease means that the cables actually absorb energy – and absorbing energy means a performance increase! No, it does, because I say so. I've made it better!

I won't confuse myself you by explaining, in any kind of specific way, how I have reached this conclusion but suffice to say that I'm the best expert and if you disagree it's clearly because you're an IDIOT.

Now, who wants to buy my cables?

: P

coffeeking
    Free Member

Wow Pierre, I like it – but maybe too much effort involved? 🙂

crankrider
    Free Member

I still seriously want to see the bearing puller.. no piss taking, as i said i am genuinely interested.

Do you have any pictures of it at all?

adamdv8
    Free Member

Go, Kaesae, Go!!!…you tell the fools, the disbelievers, the tv drones or whatever you call them.

Can we have another theory please.

adamdv8
    Free Member

Oh, and the bearing puller does sound genuinley interesting, pop it up, lets have a butchers then.

franksinatra

He must have opinions on 'What tyres for….'

iain1775
    Free Member

you seriously expect him to post his bearing puller for everyone to lynch the idea regardless?

Its easy to be clever and make snide remarks behind the anonominity of the internet but how many of you have actually got off your arses and tried to actually do something productive?

If you dont agree with him, dislike his sales patter, attitude or product then just ignore him. Don't section him out and try to destroy his business, thats not really very fair.
    I thought mountain biking was generally a friendly sociable scene and sport
    Each to their own, he believes he is providing a service, he stands by his beliefs and it seems to be a service enough people want.
    Yes he can come across as an arse, yes his theories may be questionable to the more educated of you here but at the end of the day, if you don't like it, just don't read his patter, buy your bearings elsewhere and you will be none the wiser and non the worse off

If other people want to buy bearings from him thats up to them, personally I need new bearings, I normally use my local bearing supplier. I am willing to give this guy a break just once as until I personally try something then how do I actually know its any better or worse
    I may be making a mistake, I may not, at the end of the day I cant be ar$ed removing seals and messing with grease myself to see if it lasts longer so Im not going to loose out by much am I, a few bearings are hardly the most expensive bike part I have ever had to buy

I think this thread and the abuse in general (on both sides I add) has run its course and gone far enough
    Initially I kind of agreed with the mob and laughed along but seriously its looking a bit pathetic and childish now

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

This thread's like a scab thats not quite ready to be picked, I just cant resist having a little look in every now and again and watching it bleed.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Bleak.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

His bearing puller is on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDCHAS-zDWw

fivespot
    Free Member

Nothing new there then 🙄

singlespeedstu

What a tool. 🙄

You could get a bearing like that out in a fraction of the time using a sleeve anchor.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

There must be a bit more to the one he raves about, the one on Youtube won't do blind bearings…. ?

Some video editing would have been good, the dropping of various items got a bit tedious, but then I have read this thread from start to finish ….. !!!

PikeBN14
    Free Member

or a screwdriver and hammer!!!

kaesae
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 337 total)

The topic ‘Bearing, bearings, bearings, Who thinks they know the score?’ is closed to new replies.