Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 337 total)
  • Bearing, bearings, bearings, Who thinks they know the score?
  • allthegear
    Free Member

calm down, kaesae – you'll hurt yourself!!

dickydutch

I wouldn't buy your bearings if they were the last set in the world and it meant I could never ride my bike again because you're an idiot.

allthegear
    Free Member

oh – give him a break! He's trying to make a bit of money while he's not able to ride through injury, or something like that.

Hey kaesae – are you back on the bike yet?

chiefgrooveguru

I had hoped this thread might be educational but so far wikipedia is proving more informative: Ball Bearings

What is a 'performance bearing' anyway?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

So is Kaesae the same bloke as the "Team McCoy Racing" fella or have I invented that thread?

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey. Yes allmygear is home grown I was out riding this morning first time in 2 years. If I was trying to make money I would be nice to everyone. Since I make enough to get by doing somethng I love and choose when and where I suffer fools I reckon I'm smarter than most.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Racism, free advertising and homophobia, all in the same thread.

allthegear
    Free Member

So kaesae – are you off work?

kaesae
    Free Member

dickydutch – Member
    I wouldn't buy your bearings if they were the last set in the world and it meant I could never ride my bike again because you're an idiot.

This thread is about bearings and which ones should be used in MTB's, not about selling bearings.

As you can see from my feedback the bearings are sellnig fine on their own, I was hoping to come on here and share some view points maybe learn something.

However as is all to often the case on STW, any excuse for a purse swinging stropout takes precedence over actually learning anything.

WackoAK
    Free Member

what is this "purse swinging" you mention?

uplink
    Free Member

Do you have any thoughts on the NHS?

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I reckon I'm smarter than most

Modest with it too.

The best bit is that your kona bearing kits don't include the chainstay bushes – these usually wear out first!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

oi, who put my name in the tags, WHYYYYY I ODAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chiefgrooveguru

This thread is about bearings and which ones should be used in MTB's, not about selling bearings.

There is at least one person here who'd like some useful advice on that but remains none the wiser despite the thread being two pages long. If you want to educate people about bearings then you need to assume they know absolutely nothing about bearings.

Furthermore it might help to use the right variety of 'complement' so said newbies don't google it and then doubt your expertise. I've had two expenses so far with my new-ish bike and both have been bearing related so I understand the benefits of correct choices, especially when the weather gets wet again.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I reckon I'm smarter than most.

and making intellectual gains as last week you only claimed an IQ of 100…

wheelz
    Free Member

OOH SteveL you're so cool!
    OOH SteveL that thread about commencal bearings for a measly £69.99 is amazing.
    OOH SteveL you the second coming of Jesus Christ.

The thread about Commencal bearings was quite funny though, especially given your previous posts on mtbrider…

kaesae
    Free Member

What happens when you get dirt into a full complement bearing?

kaesae
    Free Member

wheelz – Member

The thread about Commencal bearings was quite funny though, especially given your previous posts on mtbrider…

In a I don't wipe my ass my minions clean it with their tongues kind of a way, I agree.

Oral sex is always a great last minute gift idea, coming from a guy that spends all his time hanging about with male cronies, i'm not so sure it is.

chiefgrooveguru

kaesae – Member

wheelz – Member

In a I don't wipe my ass my minions clean it with their tongues kind of a way, I agree.

Oral sex is always a great last minute gift idea, coming from a guy that spends all his time hanging about with male cronies, i'm not so sure it is.

Shoots own thread in foot with continued bickering…

kaesae
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru what thread? it was thread napped from the very beggining, as always with you lot it's 50 to 1 and the majority is always right, or are you saying I was the one that started it. I am entitled to defend myself, even if you cannot see the fact.

Leku
    Free Member

So I'm after a set of bearings for my Yeti ASR-SL (07).

yetifan sells a kit (Kit contains all the Enduro Max sealed bearings used on the pivot locations) for £45.

Are the ones you sell better / same as / worst and how much are they?

kaesae
    Free Member

I think that the ones I sell are better. as for cost you just won a set for free! you can try them yourself and see what you think, sound good?

cynic-al
    Free Member

kaesae – Member

Aye right!

Leku
    Free Member

Well if I'm getting them free then thats not selling them.

I'll email you my address (cheers)

kaesae
    Free Member

cynic-al asked a question I responded and as for selling that would imply I get some kind of money during the exchange.

All the money I get I put back into doing this, Every penny. maybe in time you people will come to understand that. I do what I do to help out bikers and because I truly love biking.

My clothes are falling off me, my cars falling apart. I promote my products because it gives me more resources to play about with.

There is so much more that could be done to get people out biking, I spend all my time doing all I can. If that's a bad thing then so be it!

cynic-al
    Free Member

You make money selling bearings and create endless discussions about them.

You are telling me they two are not connected?

kaesae
    Free Member

I'm telling you that I'm into servicing mountain bike frames or bikes and bearings. which is why I'm not talking about golf, I started this bearing thread so we could discuss the best bearings to use. A subject I happen to know a good amount about and that gets discussed on STW endlessly.

Do you want to discuss the subject or turn this into another purse swinging contest?

Joxster
    Free Member

schmiken – Member

I use Ceramic Speed bearings.

+1 for Ceramic Speed. I did a load of testing with SRMs on the velodrome over a weekend and with ceramic bearings and found that I was generating 14watts more at the same heart rate with ceramics over standard. That would differ on a MTB because of the terrain but would still have a benefit.

kaesae
    Free Member

Ceramic bearings have their advantages and disadvantages like any other bearing.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

From personal experience bearing quality has little effect on how long they last…its all about top quality sealing and top quality grease. I buy cheapo bearings (£2-3 each), strip them down and replace with top quality grease i have (the grease is actually designed to be run on underwater bearings in industry). I regrease every 3-6 months and my bearings easily last over a year…not sure you'd get a year out of a £15 skf bb bearing without touching it…or would you?

sv

SteveL! Your literacy and Reading skillz improve day by day! SteveB is the owner and it was the web guy that banned you! Maybe STW will follow suit save us from this continual hot air, although it's funny laughing at your ideas and replies.

schmiken

schmiken – Member
    I use Ceramic Speed bearings.

+1 for Ceramic Speed. I did a load of testing with SRMs on the velodrome over a weekend and with ceramic bearings and found that I was generating 14watts more at the same heart rate with ceramics over standard. That would differ on a MTB because of the terrain but would still have a benefit. [/quote]

The shop I work in distributes them, so got them in the pivots, BB and jockey wheels. As long as I regrease every 3 months without fail then they seem to last forever. Bloody expensive though!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Do you want to discuss the subject or turn this into another purse swinging contest?

Just trying for some honesty from you – if you were a bit more honest I imagine you could sell more bearings.

kaesae
    Free Member

stuartanicholson – Member
    From personal experience bearing quality has little effect on how long they last…its all about top quality sealing and top quality grease. I buy cheapo bearings (£2-3 each), strip them down and replace with top quality grease i have (the grease is actually designed to be run on underwater bearings in industry). I regrease every 3-6 months and my bearings easily last over a year…not sure you'd get a year out of a £15 skf bb bearing without touching it…or would you?

How many SKF or performance bearings have you owned and run in your bikes?

I'm guessing you've never actually run any top end bearings and you certainly haven't run any of my bearings. Good luck with the cheapo bearings.

kaesae
    Free Member

sv – Member
    SteveL! Your literacy and Reading skillz improve day by day! SteveB is the owner and it was the web guy that banned you! Maybe STW will follow suit save us from this continual hot air, although it's funny laughing at your ideas and replies.

SteveL for Stevelord! it may have been the web guy that blocked me from the site but it Steve the lord of MTBrider.com that gave the command.

SV are you a lady?

kaesae
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

Just trying for some honesty from you – if you were a bit more honest I imagine you could sell more bearings.

Cynical-al Honesty what would you know about honesty? You want honesty try this on for size.

You sunshine are bitter! it's pretty obvious from your user name that your not exactly happy.

I have been nothing but truthful from the very start. That and true to myself.

Just about every person on here has an opinion based on stupidity and hear say.

Here's some facts for you cynical-al.

1) I have 2 ranges of bearings that I stock and sell.
    2) I have peronally rotated and checked in my hands thousands of bearings and can tell the different quality of a bearing but how it feels.
    3) I have analyzed thousands of used bearings to determine what causes them to fail.
    4) I have in stock as we speak 30 to 40 different sizes and 8 different brands of bearings.
    5) I have personally serviced over 850 bike frames including changing the bearings.
    6) What exactly is your experience with bearings and that question to the rest of the O O S C M on here as well.

luked2
    Free Member

I bought some waterproof grease online a while back (Sapphire Aqua 2, chosen for the nice name).

Some of it went into my freewheel's sealed bearing in January to replace whatever was there before (which had lasted 3 months before seizing).

The original bearing was an Enduro; the replacement was an el-cheapo from Ebay (+ the grease).

If I can remember, I'll report back next January on how it's been doing.

Kevevs
    Free Member

anyone want a Kelloggs nutrigrain morning bar?

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey. that grease should last a while. It has a 3 year life span under perfect conditions. However out doors 18 months to 2 years.

I've already been running bearings for over a year with decent grease. XC cheope bearings last a reasonable amount of time but the DH FR ones don't really.

It would be good if a lot of people could help out with studying the longevity of bearings. But on single track mostly all you get is no hopers arguing black is white and left is right.

Cheap bearings are OK for chain devices etc but not really very good for pivots or hubs/cranks.

james
    Free Member

"What happens when you get dirt into a full complement bearing?"
    Given that it is filled with ball bearings, I'd reckon it'd fill the gaps, just as it would fill the (albeit bigger) gaps in a 'caged' type cartridge bearing

The 'caged' type bearings on my frame have failed much sooner than the full complement ones. So as a result of that, I thought I'd try a full complement ones all round and see what happened. My premature collapsed 'caged' bearing issue is gone and I can leave it way longer between bearing changes, approxiametely twice as long
    Being full comlement, when they do wear out, they don't fail like 'caged' types do and force all the ball bearings to one side resulting in loads of play in the bearing and thus the suspension as a whole. I can live with a worn full complement bearing while I get round to replacing them for a bit when the full set of (worn) ball bearings hold it all together without a significant amount of play

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 337 total)

The topic ‘Bearing, bearings, bearings, Who thinks they know the score?’ is closed to new replies.