Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Beard on/off
  • Kryton57

Ive an urge to shave my beard off. In September itll have existed for 3 years. Thing is, even though i know i can grow it back im tentative. Its a short grade 4 beard so no massive loss.

Personal and precious things beards, like an old friend A new one wont be the same.

seosamh77
    Free Member

just shave it. I grow about 10 beards a year, it’ll be back in a weeks or 2/month tops if you really miss it/can’t be arsed shaving.

funkmasterp

Grade 4! That’s not a beard. It’s Just not shaving for a bit. I cut off my beard a couple of months back. Regretted it since and have started growing it back again. It was epic, almost wizard level 😥

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tomorrow on STW, Kryters can’t decide if he should scrunch or fold and looks to the forum for answers…

😉

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Think of the ~2W retrieved by ditching the beard. 😆

nealglover
    Free Member

Personal and precious things beards, like an old friend A new one wont be the same.

Grade 4!

The one you have now isn’t the same as the one you had 2 weeks ago.

Kryton57

scrunch or fold

Eh?

Btw, i dont need help with the decision, the op is just a comment.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

They are still the male fashion accessory of the moment, so if you like to be a sheep then keep

Also do you own some trousers potentially made in Hebden Bridge? If you do then you can’t possibly shave it off.

A which razor thread?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Tomorrow on STW, Kryters can’t decide if he should scrunch or fold and looks to the forum for answers…

Surely he can decide that for himself – it’s a simple case of looking down and seeing if you’ve got a John Thomas.

Present – fold

Absent – scrunch

Now, underarm or overarm, that’s sometimes a dilemma.

sirromj

Time to give mutton chops a try?

Jamie
    Free Member

They are still the male fashion accessory of the moment, so if you like to be a sheep then keep

Goats have beards, silly.

Kryton57

A which razor thread

mach 3 all the way!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

scaredypants

I’ve stopped throwing poo altogether since we got an indoor bog – yes, AN INDOOR BOG !! 8)

thegreatape
    Free Member

You must be a Tory MP to afford that.

rondo101
    Free Member

Stubble’s where it’s at, fam.

Which is just as well as that’s pretty much what the OP has.

Cougar

This thread is useless without pictures.

Shave it, if you don’t like it it’ll be back in a fortnight.

mattbee

I thought about shaving mine off as I do most summers since I work outside all day & it can be quite hot & sweaty.
    Problem is that leads to quite a tanned face/neck & I’m worried that I’ll end up with a sort of negative beard, with a pasty white chin. I just leave it.

mattyfez

I feel like I look like a mole rat if I shave my beard off, it’s so alien to me.

scotroutes

Problem is that leads to quite a tanned face/neck & I’m worried that I’ll end up with a sort of negative beard, with a pasty white chin. I just leave it.

Which is why I shave mine off every Spring.

BST = Beard Shaving Time

slowoldman

They are still the male fashion accessory of the moment

I’ve been fashionable for the thick end of 40 years.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Do you have a chin ?

Do you have thin lips ?

Consider the answers to both before committing to shaving.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You should go full balbo for the Tony Stark / Cougar look.

….and underarm fold.

jimjam
    Free Member

If you have to pool opinion then you don’t deserve a beard and should shave it immediately.

whitestone
    Free Member

Apparently we are approaching “max beard” percentage. And that’s just the ladies! 😆

I had a beard for about ten years then a mistake with a new beard trimmer meant I went clean shaven for twenty years until last autumn when we were camping around Iceland and shaving was a bit of a hassle so I regrew it. Have just applied for a new passport with a bearded mug as well 😕

Kryton57

bikebouy – Member
    Do you have a chin ?

Do you have thin lips ?

Consider the answers to both before committing to shaving.

I do have a large nose, which I feel is offset in the general “facially acceptable” stake by having a beard.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Moar Aero then.

Trim the beard for less drag.

himupstairs

Kryton57

^^ A bit more Dave Schwimmer.

fasthaggis

In Kryton’s mind^^

^^Reality ( more like Joaquin) 😛

TiRed

3 in the summer and 5 in winter. I take the aero hit. Mine is red. Shoot me! Beat the current trend by about five years. Just keep it.

funkmasterp

Have just applied for a new passport with a bearded mug as well

I have a proper full beard on my passport. Not like Schwimmer up there with his stubble. I now have a few weeks growth. Hope I don’t need to travel soon!

They are still the male fashion accessory of the moment

I’ve been fashionable for the thick end of 40 years.

Going on 20 years until recently 😥

teasel
    Free Member

You should go full balbo for the Tony Stark / Cougar look.

Tony Stark would’ve sufficed TBH. There’s just no way Cougar should be put in the same sentence as Tony Stark other that to claim they bear no resemblance at all. Just as I’ve done.

Sicko fan tick…

scrunch or fold

Eh?[/quote]

Sometimes your naivety/innocence is scary.

lunge

Keep, mine is but young at 18 months but I don’t see it going anywhere any time soon. Admittedly, that’s mainly because my wife reckons I look better with than without, but still, the face warmer stays.

SaxonRider

Those of you who let them grow, do you do any shaping as it gets fuller, or does it just grow wild?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Mine gets shaped or it just grows out wards in tight curls.

Think pyroclastic clouds…

CaptainSlow

I had mine shaped when I went from grade 5 to 3-4 inches. Took much longer but meant I didn’t look too untidy (work in an office). I shaved it back to a 5 when I moved role to work for a very conservative client.
    Hoping to grow back this winter and do a full yeard 🙂

a good barber is worth their weight in gold and will help with the correct neckline and shape for your mug

nedrapier

Got rid of mine a couple of weeks ago. same 3/4/5 sort of length, too curly to look good longer, unless I went Massive Beard, which wouldn’t really go with the work outfit.

I spend a bit longer shaving now, (always did the neck anyway), but I spend less time looking in the mirror wondering whether it actually looks good or if I should just shave it off.

You’ll never get reliable feedback/consensus on a beard, because people are wary of being overly critical – Your beard is shit/ you can’t grow a proper beard, feels harsh, but often fair!

nicko74

I shaved mine off last year. Couldn’t get over how weird my top lip looks naked, and won’t be shaving it off again for a while.

Could go for a tache, I suppose…

joshvegas
    Free Member

My girlfriend practically cried when I clipped mine.

Felt like my forehead was overtaking my chin for about a week.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Beard on/off’ is closed to new replies.