Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • bear in mind i’m colour blind – opinions….
  • alpin
    Free Member

so it entered it’s final stage and is now (bar some brown grips, tomorrow maybe) finished.

don’t know what it weighs yet but it is built for the downs anyhoo’s.

it was like this since january.

and now this…. up-hill mode.

and downhill mode… notice any differences?

funky Syntace VRO system

and from the front….

i feel i should say – after the GF’s ear bashing(she thiks gold is too much) – that i am colour blind. please bear that in mind….

with brown grips w/ gold ring/end cap coming should i put a white Charge Spoon on there?

grumm
    Free Member
    RudeBoy
    Free Member

State of that room. Do you live in a squat, with loads of ‘artists’?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yes, and send the brown grips back 😉 . Like the first pic best – white seat and grips, then silver bars and maybe seatpost to match the Lyriks.

alpin
    Free Member

i just got colours i like. not sending anything back, not after waiting since xmas to get the bits together….

tis a bit like a squat but we pay rent. that is the stoner/bike tinkering room. there are two other bike in the room; old steel gt on wall and my fixie. we have a cellar with ~7 bikes in. bit cold though.

ah, also got my old sanderson frame hung up on a wall as ‘art’

swisstony
    Free Member

sorry but that stem looks really naff, what are you going to do, get to the top of a climb and adjust it round to go down, then adjust it again to go back up??

Rest looks good though, like the grey lyircs, better than my black ones.

Northwind

I’m colourblind too, that’s why my bike’s black and white. At least, I think it is.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I think that stem is a great way to find exactly the right handlebar position you want.

I don’t think its meant to be adjustable on the fly.

coffeeking
    Free Member

tis a bit like a squat but we pay rent

Think I’d be demanding danger money!

Not sure on the stem or the saddle colour but otherwise looks nice!

alpin
    Free Member

i don’t see it as too much bother to spend circa 1 minute at the end of a three hour climb to adjust the bars at the same time as adjusting the seat post,…. getting changed into other clobber,…. adjusting your forks,……..whilst ya mates are taking a piss (choose one or more realistically three or more) to make the most of the hour or so long downhill.

it is surprising how much difference it makes moving the stem 8cm forward on long climbs.

it means you can have the best of both worlds.

climbs better like this too. and descents are even more fun….

coffeeking
    Free Member

I can’t be arsed moving my saddle TBH, I set it at a position that’s useable for all conditions! And 3 Hour climbs – what you doing, riding UP the alps?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

look at his user name

bigyinn
    Free Member

If you need a qualified electrician to look at your “wiring”, yellow pages can be useful!

alpin
    Free Member

And 3 Hour climbs – what you doing, riding UP the alps?

erm, yes.

gelbe seite over here but, thanks.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘bear in mind i’m colour blind – opinions….’ is closed to new replies.