Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • bear grylls stephen fry
  • mav12
    Free Member

on now ch4

rureadyboots
    Free Member

Cant believe Bear just drunk Fry’s piss. 😯

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

I would LOVE to be that competent / confident on the mountains!

liquid1000
    Free Member

What…. Tandem abseil no helmet and no prussik back up on rope = rock on head Bear lets go of rope both slide full length of rope! #amateur and apparently lead scout, good to see him setting high standards.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Clearly a lucky amateur then if he’s survived all these years 🙄

grum
    Free Member

My dad’s survived plenty of years in the mountains too, and he’s a **** idiot.

wrecker
    Free Member

Lights fire with steel and tampon………then pulls out Hexy blocks…….. 🙄

twoniner
    Free Member

I like the look of the BG gear for sale. That sleeping mat he uses looks good and packs down well. And I want one of those big daggers 😆

leffeboy

Just managed to find this on YouTube. Full marks to Fry as some of that stuff looks truly horrible if you aren’t confident or used to it.

RustySpanner

wrightyson – Member

Clearly a lucky amateur then if he’s survived all these years

Lots of ‘lucky’ people about.

So many people die in abseiling and climbing accidents because they’ve got away with bad practice for years and years.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I just watched that in 4OD. Apart from the appaling commentary and the dodgy techniques (can only assume that they made it look much worse than it is, otherwise chief scout needs some revision on technique) not bad for light TV. Hats of to Fry for keeping with it.

When they left the campsite, why was the fire still burning ?

CountZero

When they left the campsite, why was the fire still burning ?

BG letting the support team clear up after him as usual, I guess. Even I know that you always put the fire out and cover the remains with dirt to prevent any embers from flaring up, and I don’t do outdoor adventure stuff!

professor_fate
    Free Member

My already high estimation of Mr Fry was certainly raised by his integrity in the face of adversity. Wonder how the H&S risk assessment went re getting a cabbie around on a Heli’s skids 😯 Well done Sir!

hammyuk
    Free Member

liquid1000 – Member
    What…. Tandem abseil no helmet and no prussik back up on rope = rock on head Bear lets go of rope both slide full length of rope! #amateur and apparently lead scout, good to see him setting high standards.

Very clever editing so unless you know what goes on you would never see it.
    Loads of continuity errors showed the backup line on several,occasions, camera angles, “jerky cameraman”, etc.
    Same with the heli – multipoint, self equalising anchors 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘bear grylls stephen fry’ is closed to new replies.