Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bear Grylls ITV where in Snowdonia ?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just watched the episode in Snowdonia with Rob Brydon.

I assume it’s Blaenau Ffestiniog, but where exactly? Looks a nice place, potentially private land though ?

Ta

tillydog
    Free Member

I haven’t watched it all, but I think he gets picked up from Cricieth and dropped into the lake above Cwmorthin. The ruined buildings look like Cwmorthin, too, but there are no end of disused quarries and mines around there.

Pretty free to roam around AFAIK

Incidentally, one of the best days out I’ve ever had is the full day ‘Go Below’ tour of the old slate mines in Tan Y Grisiau

MrSmith
    Free Member

It’s a walk I have done a lot out the back of Tanygrisau up to the moelwyns.
    I’ll look for the start point on google maps and edit and correct the Welsh 🙂

Here is the car park and then a short walk to lake and follow the path along and up to the left which takes you to where they slept and the big hole in the ground

Dropped pin near Unnamed Road, Blaenau Ffestiniog LL41 3SW https://goo.gl/maps/D7MdbzBsN8u

TheDTs
    Free Member

I thought Rob did well, usual hamming it up from BG though.

tillydog
    Free Member

BG is an arse, unfortunately 🙁

tillydog
    Free Member

Actually Edward Michael Grylls.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Yep, there were two arse holes in that episode.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ta

I used to think Grylls was a bit of an arse but he’s finally mellowed a bit.

Fair play to him he’s got more skills and balls than most, helps get kids involved in the wilderness.

At least this more recent programmes are interesting from outdoors stuff and learning about him and the people he’s interviewing

natrix
    Free Member

Anybody know which mine they went through?

It looked as if they both had wetsuits on underneath their jackets as they got out of the lake 8) and why on earth would you try to sleep with a climbing harness on???????????

whitestone
    Free Member

The “big” through trip in the area is Croesor-Rhosydd. It’s pretty serious though, there have been some big rockfalls in there in recent years

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bear Grylls ITV where in Snowdonia ?’ is closed to new replies.