Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bean to cup machines – any deals about?
  • oldtennisshoes

After swapping the DeLonghi ESAM 4200 for a DeLonghi Autentica ETAM 29.510.B I’m on the lookout for a replacement.
    The ESAM 4200 was excellent, but when we refurbed the kitchen 18 months ago, it seemed like a good idea to replace the 9 years old model for a new one. The Autentica is poor by comparison, the grind isn’t as good and it apparently needs descaling every month or so even though we don’t live in a hard water area.
    So, what to replace it with?
    Budget not fixed, but I was hoping for around the £500 mark.

Flaperon

My impression of the Delonghi (having had 2 of them) is that the grinder and coffee mashing apparatus is more or less identical between the cheapest and most expensive model, and you’re paying for a fancy screen and milk “frothing” (that isn’t really).

Now using a Sage Barista Pro and apart from having to vacuum up coffee grounds from time to time it’s much better. Would also be happy with the new Barista Express. 20% if you sit through their “coffee masterclass / sales pitch), or wait until Lakeland send out their vouchers.

Come to think of it, I’ve not had Lakeland vouchers through for ages, have they scrapped them?

dafydd17
    Free Member

Re. the frequent descaling, you can set the water hardness level so that it doesn’t tell you to descale as often (or at all!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.