Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bean to cup?
  • nicko74

Obviously a much-loved topic but…

The DeLonghi Magnifica 4200 seems to be stw’s choice of bean to cup coffee machine. In N America, though, the pricing’s not as competitive, and there seems to be a big following for the Breville 870XL and Gaggia 90500 Titanium (which has the benefit of having Titanium in its name).

Can someone talk me through them: which sub $1k bean to cup machine would be worth investing in, and why?
    Cheers!

Smudger666

Jura. Because.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have a Jura. It is wonderful.

😉

matthewjb
    Free Member

At least in the UK Jura are significantly more expensive.

I’ve had a Titanium for a number of years. Solid and reliable. Makes great espresso. Frothing milk can be a bit fiddlly.

nicko74

The local DeLonghi is the 3300; gets good reviews, seems broadly similar if a bit plasticky in look. So that’d be the default option, I guess

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have a delonghi espresso pronto cappuccino maker esam 4500 for sale if your interested? email in profile 🙂

bruneep

Jura user here, would buy again if need be.

cranberry
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 Gaggia Titaniums – one for home and one for work- they have been reliable over the circa 2500 coffees that they have made between them. I can’t say that I have done anything with them regarding milk – they are used for making black coffee only.

mattbee

Typical STW, recommend what I own.
    DeLonghi Perfecta esam 5600, available for around £7-800 nowadays, was over a grand when I got mine 4 years ago.

Frankers
    Free Member

I had a Jura that had made many thousands of cups, got rid though as it was costing around £250 to repair and service. Bought a Delonghi to replace it and the coffee is equally as good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bean to cup?’ is closed to new replies.