• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Del.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Be one road bikes, experiences?
  • smoggy
    Free Member

As above really, possibly lookin to turn to the dark side and a be one has turned up, was wonderin if any one has/had one and what the consensus was? Cheers!

onandon
    Free Member

The Carbon frames are very good but the paint/lacquer can be rather thin/fragile.

not sure about the alloy frames, not seen or owned one.

smoggy
    Free Member

Anyone else…?

alanf
    Free Member

Possibly not much use to you but a friend had a suspension frame that snapped at Brechfa.
    It may be just the suspension frames, which would be irrelevant to you, but it put me off them.

c9tln
    Free Member

Alanf- I too had a beone nirvana fail,snapped in 3 places after a 3ft jump.

joeegg
    Free Member

The frames are likely to be just generic far eastern stuff like most brands.
    Look at the spec on the bike and the total weight and it would give you some indication as to the quality of the frame.
    If its cheap enough give it a go just make sure you know your sizing.

gazc
    Free Member

my mate had one of their lower end road bikes. seemed pretty solid, wheels were heavy, but drivetrain components were fine. i’d say a decent starter bike for road for the price – as long as you don’t go hucking it! 😉

Del

mate at work has the ‘black’ road bike. not particularly hard used, ridden to work 2-3 times a week ( ~ 25miles ) when it’s dry, 3 years old in may. cracked on underside of downtube about 4-5inches up from bb across the tube. warranty on these is 2 years and crc have told him to do one. not good on a 1k frame/fork IMO.
    mate has bought a planet x superlight frame to replace it in their sale and is very happy with it.
    i wouldn’t touch a beone now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Be one road bikes, experiences?’ is closed to new replies.