Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • BBQ fish recipes
  • chvck
    Free Member

Looking for a nice recipe for some BBQ fish. I’m not too fussed on the fish so long as I can get it in my local fish mongers (it isn’t a huge one) in Aberystwyth, I quite like meaty fish so that could be a bonus! Looking to feed 5 adults so include portion size please.

binners

The best fish for barbying, from recent experience feeding my veggie friends, is Hake. It’s meaty and stays together nicely. You don’t need to do much with it, wrap it in foil, plenty of freshly squeezed lemon, and season with some black pepper, and Bob’s your aunties live-in-lover! It’s really nice! I even opted for it over a second (or was it third?) Burger! 😯

steveoath
    Free Member

Slabber fish in patak’s tikka paste.

BBQ till done.

Eat.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Try some Ling if you can get any, It’s a lot firmer than cod (same family) & IMO tastierer.

loum
    Free Member

Mackerel barbies well too. Fresh and simple. It’s got plenty of oil to keep it moist.

For a “meaty ” recipe, try marinading some tuna steaks in a jerk seasoning.
    Allspice, thyme, pepper , paprika, salt ( or a chicken stock cube), cumin, oil, touch of vinegar or lemon juice. And a bit of chilli powder depending on taste.
    Couple of hours in the marinade before the barby. Drizzle what’s left of the marinade over half way through cooking.

chvck
    Free Member

Cheers all, some ideas to mull over this evening before I buy tomorrow 🙂

dan86
    Free Member

Cedar plank salmon is fantastic on the bbq, google will bring up lots of versions of it!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mackerel barbies well too. Fresh and simple. It’s got plenty of oil to keep it moist.

Mackerel is the BBQ fish du choix!

Slam some lemon inside it, and whatever herbs are in the garden. Grill, eat.

Top nommage.

binners

Good call on tuna steaks! I’ve done tandoori tuna on a griddle, but never barbed them. I’ll give that recipe a go this week loum!

boxfish
    Free Member

Whole bream, stuffed with garlic, plenty of seasoning. Wrap in foil and chuck on BBQ.

yunki
    Free Member

Aah.. North Portuguese coast in the 80s.. A claxon sounding in the village when the menfolk get home from fishing.. A flurry of activity followed half an hour later by the smell of barbequed sardines as everyone in the village fires up in the street outside the front of their houses

good times

paladin

I was going to try barbecued lobster last month, but I wasn’t sure how to stop them crawling off the grill

TheDTs
    Free Member

A nice way to cook fish on the BBQ is to do it on a plank of cedar. Soak the plank in water for a few hours. Light the BBQ with the coals on one side, and pop plank on the other side so the heat is not directly under the plank. Wait for it all to get nice and hot with the lid on the BBQ. Pop the fish on the plank to cook for as long as it needs depending on the fish size and type with the BBQ lid on.
    We did this on a webber with some filets of salmon and it was very nice, very moist.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘BBQ fish recipes’ is closed to new replies.