Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BBC4 now
  • 16stonepig
    Free Member

Documentary about the Solomon Browne disaster – the lifeboat out of Penlee in Cornwall.

I lived down there during the 80s and 90s, and the local lifeboat was just a fundamental part of the community. This is a really heartbreaking program.

bigG
    Free Member

Bugger missed the start, will most certainly be catching this one on iplayer. An absolute tragedy, and a testament to those incredibly brave selfless souls.

project
    Free Member

Who are and where all volunteers, show your thanks on the sticky thread top of page.

neninja
    Free Member

Just finished watching it – incredibly sad and moving.

You never know when you might need these brave volunteers. We always take our lads in to the stations to drop some money in the box and support their events when we are near the coast.

RustySpanner

Moved to tears, both of us, watching that.
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen such bravery.

Superb programme, should be compulsory viewing.

Bought a little toy sailing boat from the RNLI station at Portstewart this year. Feels a bit inadequate now.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Sort of gives a different definition to “MTFU”

john_l
    Free Member

Incredibly sad & unbelievably brave, I remember it well. My Dad, my brother & I have all served on the lifeboat – Dad did nearly 30 years & my brother’s still serving. That Penlee crew could easily have been ours or any other up & down the country – unwavering bravery & belief in their coxswain & boat.

Listening to the radio transmissions was very emotional.

matt_outandabout

Amazing what some of our volunteers do. Lifeboat, MRT, cave rescue etc – volunteers who do such a tough job with commitment, even in such extreme situations.
    My landlord is in Killin MRT, and has a queens medal for bravery for heading into the smouldering wreck of a helicopter on Ben More to rescue team mates and crew.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BBC4 now’ is closed to new replies.