Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • BBC2 You've been Trumped
  • wwaswas

Now when i’m stopped in my car

this is odd.

I’ve driven a succession of old cars for about 25 years and the only time I’ve been stopped was for doing a 4 wheel drift round a roundabout in a Volvo Amazon.

And that seemed more to be a ‘well done mate but don’t do it again’ type event.

You must be triggering their ANPR/coppers noses for some reason?

FuzzyWuzzy

Well I can see if you don’t care about the SSI or live in one of the directly impacted properties surrounding the development then it probably has quite a few positives, it still doesn’t mean it’s right though (legally or morally).

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Interestingly, Ive been reading some accounts from people in the area

research by kaesae?

youngrob

Watched this last night too, it made me really angry. I will not be voting SNP again. The disregard for all the values that the SNP are touting as reasons to vote YES, are astounding. Those police were a disgrace. It’s a sad situation and as stated above, fingers crossed the wind farm goes ahead. If he pulls out, do you think he will put the land back to the way he found it? Or will we have to foot that bill?

somafunk

Cy, My previous “old” road car was a very track orientated VW Scirocco with twin 40’s, highly tuned 2.0 abf engine with forged rods, 272 cams, stage 3 head, handmade stainless manifold & exhaust etc and despite never breaking the speed limit our local police used to pull me over in that as well, now i drive a more road orientated (sensible?) but still track orientated tuned Mk2 that is nearing 30 yrs old and for some reason it appears to be a magnet for the police, fair enough it has tinted windows and sounds rather lumpy at idle, on the road it certainly is not the quietest thing out there even when travelling at well below legal speeds but i drive with the utmost care and consideration on the public roads as i treat every other driver as if they are out to kill me, as i said i have never had a speeding ticket/driving offence in 23 yrs of driving etc, I tend to save the “fun” part of driving to let rip on track days or rally stages in a mates car. Perhaps it’s just the car which garners attention or it may be down to the fact i brought a high level successful prosecution against my local police force a few years ago and won but i’d like to think they don’t bear a grudge – perhaps they do?, after all they do tend to stick together and back each other up.

I’ve never been stopped in my mates RS4 or Q7, neither have i been stopped in my parents Suzuki Alto so i guess it’s just down to the specific car i drive – hey- ho, not been stopped in the last 6 weeks so perhaps they’ve finally got the message.

charliedontsurf

Ignoring the golf issue…. Trumps son on holiday…. No he is not rescuing the cat, he shot the cat for fun.

bencooper
    Free Member

Sow the land with salt.
    Or Paraquat.

I was thinking landmines, but I like your subtlety.

Perhaps some kind of mass trespass would be in order.

franksinatra

Somafunk

After reading your desription I have a mental image of Ali G cruising around Staines with his ladeeeey in the passenger seat.

Edit: I also think you are missing the point here. The documentary leads you to think that Grampians finest are practising political policing, potentially abusing their powers to help in achieving a bigger poitical or business objective. This is on a different scale to pulling somebody over a few to many times because they have rude boy wheels. Unless of course if you have upset Donald Trump.

somafunk

Trumps son looks like a chinless wonder, and shooting a Leopard is fully deserving of being mauled horrifically, perhaps rip his lower jaw off to start with as big cats tend to grasp the face to suffocate their prey first.

Still waiting on a reply from the SNP regarding railroading the Trump golf course through normal procedures, i guess i’ll be waiting a while as it appears to be national SNP bashing day up here in Scotland – they’re on just about every newspapers front page today.

somafunk

Ha-ha….cheers for the mental image sinatra, although i’m afraid to say i don’t “cruise”, i don’t drive the car at all unless i’m going further than 5 miles as it doesn’t do it any good to start it up then switch it off before it gets up to operating temps, i doubt i look like Ali-G, unless Ali-G is a 5.5ft hairy scotsman with permanent stubble, and i never carry passengers – apart from a small jack russell in the front seat and my bike in the back where the rear seats should be.

binners

it appears to be national SNP bashing day up here in Scotland

Could this actually be the point where Alex Salmond, and the SNP’s policies finally start being held up to the same kind of scrutiny as everyone else’s?

Not before time!

bencooper
    Free Member

The SNP behaved very badly over this – but ask yourself, would Labour or (God forbid) the Tories have behaved any differently if they were in power?

I think we just have to accept that no political party is above reproach – and most of the other stuff they’ve done is pretty good.

Really, though, once we have independence we can vote for anyone we like. Remember a vote for independence is not a vote for the SNP.

Woody
    Free Member

Interestingly, Ive been reading some accounts from people in the area, who actually are behind the venture and suggest that most people in the area are too.

I can quite believe this. I am always disappointed at the very brash an overt shows of wealth with Porsche Cayenne/AMG ML 63/Bentley’s seemingly at every corner. My old golf club looks like the Manchester United players car park! Many Aberdonians appear to have adopted a very American attitude to perceived success and bollox to everyone and everything else!

Sweeping generalisation of course but it’s the feeling I get every time I go back 🙁

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Could this actually be the point where Alex Salmond, and the SNP’s policies finally start being held up to the same kind of scrutiny as everyone else’s?

Not before time!

Just for you binners

somafunk

I think we just have to accept that no political party is above reproach – and most of the other stuff they’ve done is pretty good.

Really, though, once we have independence we can vote for anyone we like. Remember a vote for independence is not a vote for the SNP.

Good points ben, sometimes i guess we just expect too much from our elected representatives and feel directly aggrieved when we we get let down – get independence then sort the the election system out, if that will be at all possible?.

bedmaker

Just watched this. How depressing to see the behaviour of the police in particular.

When they all rolled in in the blacked out Landys all I could think of was how I would love to hunker down in the marram grass with

and

😈

bencooper
    Free Member

I’ll bring the:

If somebody else brings the:

Gowrie
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member
    >>Interestingly, Ive been reading some accounts from people in the area<<

research by kaesae?

No need for that. My mother lives about 4-5 miles from the course. Most people in the area think it is/will be a good thing overall, although they can see Trump has been throwing his weight about, sometimes with Salmond’s apparent collusion. From what I can gather they could accept the hotel and the course, but the idea of him getting permission for a housing estate where no-one else would get it was what stuck in the craw.
    There are some very anti “antis” of course. But I think a poll last year in Aberdeenshire had 80% of those asked in favour of the scheme overall.

Disclaimer:- I haven’t watched the program, I’m unlikely to do so. I’m no fan of Trump or the SNP.

Colin

CountZero

I was thinking landmines, but I like your subtlety.

Perhaps some kind of mass trespass would be in order.
    Lol! Landmines are good, claymores strategically placed to make some proper ‘hazards’ even better, but I was trying to avoid too much collateral damage… 😈

benz
    Free Member

Last year bumped into Eck in a nice little place beside Balmedie called The Cock & Bull…..stick another letter in there and perhaps 2 of the gentlemen involved are going to become mine hosts….

jam-bo

Many Aberdonians appear to have adopted a very American attitude to perceived success and bollox to everyone and everything else!

It’s like Houston-by-sea

Gowrie
    Free Member

Many Aberdonians appear to have adopted a very American attitude to perceived success and bollox to everyone and everything else!

They haven’t adopted it – they always had it. Look at the poems of Hamewith (Charles Murray) written in the Doric around 1910 – 1920. I forget the name, but read the poem about the farmer appearing before a bank committee of his peers to try to borrow more money or “Fae France”. Both show elements of this sort of practical, down to earth, get the job done, outspoken, self effacing, non-grudge bearing society I remember from my childhood.

Despite what some would like you to believe, Scotland is a culturally diverse place.

Colin

bencooper
    Free Member

Lol! Landmines are good, claymores strategically placed to make some proper ‘hazards’ even better, but I was trying to avoid too much collateral damage…

It’s not collateral damage, it’s “restoring the dynamically shifting dune system via explosive dispersal of dune-stabilising grass” 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘BBC2 You've been Trumped’ is closed to new replies.