Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • BBC tonight – Radiohead at Glastonbury 1997
  • fingerbang
    Free Member

This doesn’t warrant a thread of its own so bear with me but watched the stooges from 2007 last night. So enjoyable

The one where Iggy got the young fans to storm the stage. It was all the first two stooges albums cos Ron was there

For me 2007 is not that long ago but Iggy was only 60 then, the Asheton brothers looked and played great but now they’re both dead. 2007. Eh? Where does the time go.

Seriously, and 24 years since the Radiohead set. I can’t get my head round it. I’m going for a lie down

somafunk

Underworld set from 2016 on iPlayer is a highlight for my tastes, the rug really ties the stage together

chakaping
    Free Member

I saw the Stooges at Hammersmith that year and it was one of the best gigs I’ve been to. Maybe the best.

Despite seeing a lot of awesome bands in smaller venues when they were starting out back in the 1990s.

llama

If you think it’s a music festival, you’ve missed the point

This

Plus if you have ever watched it on TV you really cannot comprehend the scale of it as it is now. It’s more like a whole load of completely different festivals squished together.

Back on topic, never got into Radiohead, but still appreciate this set

Nice to see some older footage getting on iPlayer this year, distinct lack of flags, smartphones, and video walls!

timmys

Wasn’t that **** secret, I couldn’t get within a mile of it

Sucks to be you 😉

maxtorque

I’m just catching up with this years Worthy Farm live stream on iPlayer, and currently am totally besotted with Wolf Alice’s stone circle set. For a set recorded in an empty field it’s incredibly personal and endearing 🙂

finbar
    Free Member

Rather than create a new thread then, what is your top Glastonbury….

1/ set

Moby, 2000, on the Other Stage. It was drizzling and he had these incredibly powerful green lazers that were glinting off all the raindrops. Pure magic.

I can’t find any videos that quite capture it but this is from earlier in the set:

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘BBC tonight – Radiohead at Glastonbury 1997’ is closed to new replies.