Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 207 total)
  • BBC Talent pay
  • Stoner
    Free Member

This is going to be entertaining.
    Comparing how much people we like get paid compared to people we dont, or people we’ve never heard of because we’re not down wid da yoof.. Bring it! 😀

TV NON SCRIPTED (FACTUAL AND ENTERTAINMENT)

£150,000 – £199,999 Darcey Bussell – Contributor Mel Giedroyc – Presenter Craig Horwood – Contributor Paul Martin – Presenter Simon Schama – Presenter

£200,000 – £249,999 Gary Barlow – Contributor Len Goodman – Contributor Danii Minogue – Contributor Bruno Tonioli – Contributor Alan Yentob – Presenter

£300,000 – £349,999 Nick Knowles – Presenter

£350,000 – £399,999 Tess Daly – Presenter

£400,000 – £449,999 Alex Jones Presenter

NEWS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS

£150,000 – £199,999 Kamal Ahmed – Correspondent Jeremy Bowen – Correspondent Ben Brown – Presenter Mark Easton – Correspondent Gavin Esler – Presenter James Naughtie – Correspondent John Pienaar – Correspondent Sophie Raworth – Presenter John Simpson – Correspondent Kirsty Wark – Presenter Justin Webb – Presenter

£200,000 – £249,999 Victoria Derbyshire – Presenter Mishal Husain – Presenter Martha Kearney – Presenter Laura Kuenssberg – Correspondent Andrew Neil – Presenter Jonathan Sopel – Correspondent

£250,000 – £299,999 George Alagiah – Presenter Nicholas Robinson – Presenter

£300,000 – £349,999 Eddie Mair – Presenter

TV SCRIPTED (DRAMA AND COMEDY)

£150,000 – £199,999 Laurie Brett – Actor Letitia Dean – Actor Tameka Empson – Actor Guy Henry – Actor Linda Henry – Actor Scott Maslen – Actor Diane Parish – Actor Hugh Quarshie – Actor Jemma Redgrave – Actor Tim Roth – Actor Catherine Shipton – Actor Gillian Taylforth – Actor Lacey Turner – Actor

£200,000 – £249,999 Peter Capaldi – Actor Danny Dyer – Actor Emilia Fox – Actor David Jason – Actor Rosie Marcel – Actor Adam Woodyatt – Actor

£250,000 – £299,999 Amanda Mealing – Actor

£350,000 – £399,999 Derek Thompson – Actor

SPORT

£150,000 – £199,999 Jonathan Agnew – Presenter and commentator Clare Balding – Presenter Jonathan Davies – Presenter John McEnroe – Presenter and commentator

£200,000 – £249,999 John Inverdale – Presenter Gabby Logan – Presenter

£250,000 -£299,999 Jason Mohammad – Presenter

£300,000 – £349,999 Sue Barker – Presenter

£400,000 – £449,999 Alan Shearer – Presenter

£1,750,000 – £1,799,999 Gary Lineker – Presenter

MULTI GENRE

£150,000 – £199,999 Naga Munchetty – Presenter and Contributor

£200,000 – £249,999 Mark Chapman – Presenter Jools Holland – Presenter Dan Walker – Presenter

£250,000 – £299,999 Zoe Ball – Presenter Brian Cox – Presenter Evan Davis – Presenter

£350,000 – £399,999 Fiona Bruce – Presenter

£400,000 – £449,000 Andrew Marr – Presenter Stephen Nolan – Presenter

£450,000 – £499,999 Matt Baker – Presenter Claudia Winkleman – Presenter

£550,000 – £599,999 Huw Edwards

£600,000 – £649,000 John Humphrys – Presenter

£700,000 – £749,999 Jeremy Vine – Presenter

£850,000 – £899,999 Graham Norton – Presenter

£2,200,000 – £2,249,999 Chris Evans – Presenter

RADIO

£150,000 – £199,999 Adrian Chiles – Presenter Greg James – Presenter Shaun Keaveny – Presenter Moira Stuart – Presenter Jo Whiley – Presenter

£200,000 – £249,999 Mark Radcliffe – Presenter

£250,000 – £299,999 Ken Bruce – Presenter Scott Mills – Presenter Trevor Nelson – Presenter

£300,000 – £349,999 Lauren Laverne – Presenter

£350,000 – £399,999 Vanessa Feltz – Presenter Nicholas Grimshaw – Presenter Simon Mayo – Presenter

£400,000 – £449,999 Nicky Campbell – Presenter

£500,000 – £549,999 Steve Wright – Presenter

anagallis_arvensis

Gary Lineker is on a good wage, all seems quite reasonable to me though TBH

Junkyard
    Free Member

£300,000 – £349,999 Nick Knowles – Presenter

😯

Not seen much of his output but i am not seeing much exceptional talent there tbh

£400,000 – £449,999 Alan Shearer – Presenter

£1,750,000 – £1,799,999 Gary Lineker – Presenter 😯 😯

I think fans would watch the football no matter who did the insights into the match but **** me that is a lot of money for what they do

Not sure what i think if it and IMHO it was politically motivated

I wonder what the private sector pays in the “market” as i suspect many folk are taking “pay cuts” for working for Auntie

I should declare i dont have a licence so I am not aware of much any of them have done in the last 3 years or so.

wilburt
    Free Member

Pretty unfazed by those except Chris Evans, seems a bit steep but then I find him quite annoying.

I also would have thought though theres an opportunity to refresh presenters periodically giving new people a chance and reducing wage costs.

Stoner
    Free Member

If Radcliffe is in there at £250k, where’s Maconie?

Will there be barely concealed tension in this afternoon’s show?

nickjb
    Free Member

Does Nick Knowles only present DIY SOS (the one where people give their time for free) or does he do other stuff for that wage? 😈

Actually the list doesn’t seem as bad as I was expecting, that said do the BBC really need these high wages? Surely they can attract talent without the big bucks and would the shows really be less watchable without the big names?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Is that published, available to all ?

jekkyl

LOL @ that list.
    Vanessa Feltz is not worth 350k p.a., that’s ridiculous.
    😯 @ Chris Evans pay, get rid of him! Bet Nick Grimshaw is spitting over that.
    & 550k for reading the news isn’t bad is it?!

aracer
    Free Member

All seems fairly logical from the perspective of being market driven in a capitalist society. I’m really struggling to work up any indignation at all.

(sorry, am I just commenting in order to say that I don’t care there?)

MSP

There are a few odd ones.

Balding (Clare not Shearer) seems comparably low for the exposure she gets. Tess Daly & Vanessa Feltz, you are **** kidding me that they get paid that much.

lunge

The problem is that we have no context. What do the equivalent get at ITV/Sky/Channel 4? Yes, the immediate thought is “that’s a lot” but then I have no idea what the market rates are and if that’s more or less than the going rate.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Half a million quid a year for Steve Wright?
    That alone is worth stopping paying my license fee for.

the-muffin-man

Clare Baldings hourly rate must be shite considering the amount of time she spends on screen! 😀

There’s a fair few I wouldn’t pay 25k a year, nevermind £150k +

doris5000

Lauren Laverne gets double what Shaun Keaveney’s on, for roughly the same amount of airtime?

who’s her agent??

km79
    Free Member

These figures only cover money paid to the ‘talent’ directly by the BBC. If the ‘talent’ are paid by a production company which in turn are paid by the BBC then it won’t be covered. E.g. Graham Norton gets paid £850-£900K for his radio and presenting jobs, but the money he gets for his talkshow won’t be included as that is made by a production company. A lot of others will be in the same boat.

kimbers

its outrageous !!

but without this info

. What do the equivalent get at ITV/Sky/Channel 4

tho chris evans is a big slice of wtf? I suppose!

Stoner
    Free Member

I love the oddness of direct comparisons:

David Jason / Peter Capaldi / Danny Dyer 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Guessing Ms Balding got a lot of OT for the Olympics then.

Why no Danny Baker?

johnners
    Free Member

The problem is that we have no context. What do the equivalent get at ITV/Sky/Channel 4?

Precisely. The only one that upsets me is John Humphrys, but that’s just because I can’t stand the guy and is probably not a good reflection on his market value TBF.

rOcKeTdOg

There are quite a few I’ve never heard of 😀

thecaptain
    Free Member

Humphrys needs pensioned off. Heard his interview with Konta and thought it was thoroughly embarrassing – the sort of thing I’d expect to hear from alf garnett not a professional presenter. It’s hardly the first time he’s behaved like that either.

Having said that it’s not the money that is the point there. He just shouldn’t be in the job.

djglover
    Free Member

£600k for reading the news JEEZ!

kimbers

tbf sticking danny dyer next to anyone is quite amusing

he was great in (ITVs) Plebs tho

(NSFW warning)
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVa-qkZO7pU[/video]

lunge

One can assume that Murdoch will be releasing the wages paid by Sky in the coming hours, yes? As this is absolutely not an attack on the BBC, oh no…

leffeboy

Pretty unfazed by those except Chris Evans, seems a bit steep but then I find him quite annoying.

Are some of these not actually payments to a company and then you get a team of staff rather than just a single person?

footflaps

All seems fairly logical from the perspective of being market driven in a capitalist society. I’m really struggling to work up any indignation at all.

This.

Plus they were forced for political reasons to reveal the list, just to try and get the public up in arms about the BBC so the Tories can weaken their resolve for independence.

Still think the license fee is excellent VFM.

binners

I think fans would watch the football no matter who did the insights into the match but **** me that is a lot of money for what they do

You’ve watched the footy coverage on BT Sport with Michael Owen and Steve Mcmanaman, right?

Is it safe to assume that Adrian Chiles is on ten Benson, a packet of Frazzles, and his bus fare home?

That would still make him overpaid

Sandwich

Gives an interesting slant to political reporting when the journalist wrinkles their nose about the latest tax plans from the current opposition. That journalist loses their impartiality due to us hoi polloi knowing that they will be badly affected by it.
    They will need to up their game and it may have the opposite effect to Murdoch’s desire.

jekkyl

This is the Tory government’s way of sticking the boot in the BBC no? in the guise of ‘this is public money, they should know how it is spent’
    The boss was on the Radio this morning and he wasn’t happy about releasing these figures.
    meh, it’s all tomorrow’s chip paper.

onewheelgood

Really, it’s kind of interesting but so what? These are people selling a unique product (themselves) in an open marketplace. There is no ‘going rate’ because the market is so small. Good luck to them.

DezB
    Free Member

There’s not many people I can’t stand more than Evans & Wright. But like that dark brown spread you put on toast, I guess if my feelings for them are so strong one way, then others must feel strong the other way.

There’s a lot of really talentless people in there that you’d think no-one would actually care if they disappeared off the telly, so why do they get paid so much.. like Alex Jones, Simon Mayo, Adrian Chiles…

Nice to see Jiffy getting a good whack. Only cos he was a great player though 🙂

onewheelgood

This is the Tory government’s way of sticking the boot in the BBC no?

Yes, very much this. Cynical and politically motivated.

IHN

Are some of these not actually payments to a company and then you get a team of staff rather than just a single person?

No. These are direct ‘salary’ payments. Payments to production companies (who may then pay staff/stars) are not included.

DezB
    Free Member

Is it safe to assume that Adrian Chiles is on ten Benson, a packet of Frazzles, and his bus fare home?

Nope – he’s in the £150K-£200K bracket. Quite a few packets of Frazzles for that.

geoffj

On the face of it, I’m surprised at how little some are earning, but I guess these aren’t FTE salaries

DrJ

£600,000 – £649,000 John Humphrys – Presenter

Whaaaaaaat? This is the author of the Jo Konta car-crash we’re talking about?

mikey3
    Free Member

David Jason should be top,guy’s a legend;)

RustySpanner

Steve Wright, Chris Evans, Nicky Campbell, Simon Mayo etc are dinosaurs, get rid.
    Off to Ego FM with Simon Bates.

Ken Bruce will have to scrap the music and have 2 straight hours of Pop Master if thinks he’s getting out the door with that.

Chris Evans?
    Never again.

And once again, Nicky Campbell.
    Just have a think about that.
    🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Mel Giedroyc – Presenter

Anyone seen her new gameshow, Letterbox? Jeez, she’ll be signing on soon if that’s anything to go by 😆

doris5000

Gives an interesting slant to political reporting when the journalist wrinkles their nose about the latest tax plans from the current opposition. That journalist loses their impartiality due to us hoi polloi knowing that they will be badly affected by it.

why now? surely no-one thought they were all on minimum wage yesterday?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘BBC Talent pay’ is closed to new replies.