Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • BBC Radio 6
  • alpin
    Free Member

just found it. a great improvement upon radio 1.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Aye, will be even better soon when George Lamb get's booted from weekdays 🙂

FG
    Free Member

Depends what time of day, but generally I agree with you.

FG
    Free Member

Aye, will be even better soon when George Lamb get's booted from weekdays

Unfortunately I normally listen to Iyare at that time so 🙁

CountZero

Known that since 2003! Cerys' show is one of the best things on radio, no question. The range of stuff she plays is terrific, and I've yet to hear her play anything that I dislike. And good riddance to the useless Lamb.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

George Lamb finished today 😀

coogan
    Free Member

Its a great station. Huey Morgan and Guy Garvey have good shows too. Craig Charles is a bit of a twonk, but plays some fantastic soul music.

chakaping
    Free Member

Is Tom Robinson still on it?

Used to really enjoy his shows – but when I've put it on in the evenings lately I keep getting one half of Mark and Lard playing a predictable load of indie toss.

Why is it that so many of these northern broadcasters of a certain age seem determined to imitate John Peel so slavishly.

Particularly that knob Maconie.

billybob
    Free Member

6music by day, radio 1 by night.

Trekster

Is Tom Robinson still on it?

Just about to end his show now, so he says………..

most of it is better than R1 but why is there so much chat? Just play the music like they did in ye guid auld days 😐

Find listening to local station, Westsound, much better

Jamie
    Free Member

Adam & Joe. Nuff Said!

lister

6 music has been a big disappointment to me since I went digital…there is FAR too much talking, more then the mainstream BBC channels most of the time…

The BBC archive from Maida Vale must have SO much great music that doesn't get played, surely 6music could play alot more of that for a start.

The DJs are mostly pss poor.

Coyote
    Free Member

Stuart Maconie's "Freak Zone" on a Sunday teatime is brilliant!

6 Music is a pretty sound station all round. When it gets a bit, "you know" I retune to Arrow.

CountZero

Well, as far as chat is concerned, Lamb is the worst culprit, but honestly, has anyone critisicising 6 ever listened to daytime Radio 1? I had to endure it for nearly a week when I was working where it was played loud, and my phones wouldn't block it enough to listen to 6 properly. Jeeze, there is far more drivel on there, coupled with there being virtually anything worth listening to anyway. Looking forward to a run from 10-3.30 when I can listen to Lauren Lavern and Cerys. Brilliant. Two presenters who actually know about music and care about what they play, rather than looking towards that lucrative TV deal, where they can be even more oafish.

Sandwich

Martha Wainwright on Cerys' Show yesterday was superb.

stevious

Adam and Joe are the best thing on radio. FACT.

erbii
    Free Member

Steven..!

Keva
    Free Member

been on six music for quite a while now – defo the best one out there. Radio is on throughout the day in our kitchen.

Kev

CountZero

Martha and Cerys had their own mutual admiration society going on there! Found out from a mate last night that Cerys is now a permanent presenter, not just a stand-in for Nemone. The new controller is keen to have emphasis on the music, and sees musicians as the ideal presenters, as they don't have a personal agenda using the radio as a step towards TV stardom. Having Lauren and Cerys in an uninterrupted eight-hour run means the piggy-back battery on my iPhone's, going to be essential. Hurrah!

stevious

@erbi …just coming!

erbii
    Free Member

Hooray..!!!

That took 8 hrs, but we got there 😕

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘BBC Radio 6’ is closed to new replies.