Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • bbc news …
  • totalshell

i ve often percieved a left wing soft focus at best but todays bbc news online steps a little too far.. a taliban chap gets blown up.. and gets an obituary..

MSP

You do know the taliban isn’t a left wing movement don’t you?

Jamie
    Free Member

Obituary, or a quick biography?

So, you know, you can find out why this persons death is news worthy.

Drac

You do realise an obituary is just a report of someone’s life?

IHN

You know an obituary is different to a eulogy, don’t you?

GrahamS

This one:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20896839
    and
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20896755 ?

It’s not exactly a glowing tribute to the man is it?
    And it is kind of important no?

Would you really rather they just said “Some Taliban chap was killed today by a drone – but don’t you worry about who. Rest assured he was a baddy”?

martinhutch

I’d view that as much as an interesting analysis piece than a straight obituary – don’t know why they’ve badged it like that. It’s not exactly a hagiography either.

It’s not the job of the BBC to say ‘nasty man, let’s ignore his death’. That would definately be inappropriate bias.

RustySpanner

totalshell – Member
    …..left wing soft focus….

He’s right you know.
    There should be a recall.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Would you really rather they just said “Some Taliban chap was killed today by a drone – but don’t you worry about who. Rest assured he was a baddy”?

Can you confirm that the newsreader would be properly attired while reading the above?

Junkyard
    Free Member

i ve often percieved a left wing soft focus at best

I am guessing this is an indication of how right wing you are rather than how left wing they are

but todays bbc news online steps a little too far.. a taliban chap gets blown up.. and gets an obituary.

Sorry my mistake reporting the news and saying what the dead guy did is terribly left wing My mistake 😳 – you would not get any of that sort of shit on Fox news …now theres a news service for you

Lifer
    Free Member

totalshell – Member
    i ve often percieved a left wing soft focus at best but todays bbc

😆

midlifecrashes

Just seen Chipps on the news. Is he a commie too?

mogrim

Just seen Chipps on the news. Is he a commie too?

A commie like Murdoch, another newspaper owner.

(for certain values of “newspaper”).

maxtorque

I’m pretty sure the only droning likely to be following around Chipps (or most others on STW tbh) is the dull ceaseless droning on about 29r’s vs 26r’s………. 😉

only kidding.

(it’s probably FS vs Ti Ht actually………)

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc[/video]

patriotpro
    Free Member

If you’re that bothered you should go out to Afghanistan/Iraq to demonstrate against treatment like this – see how long you’d be tolerated…

Or if you REALLY want to make a difference, continue to whinge your way to left-wing rightousness on an mtb website…

GrahamS

If you’re that bothered you should go out to Afghanistan/Iraq to demonstrate against treatment like this – see how long you’d be tolerated…

Eh? Why would the OP go to Afghanistan or Iraq to complain about the BBC being “left wing soft focus”???

Surely a stern letter to Points Of View would be a bit easier?

Lifer
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member

Or if you REALLY want to make a difference, continue to whinge your way to left-wing rightousness on an mtb website…

Demonstrate against what?

molgrips
    Free Member

God forbid anyone would read such an article and maybe learn anything about the situation. We don’t want facts, dammit, we want ill informed opinions to get behind!

http://www.foxnews.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘bbc news …’ is closed to new replies.