Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • BBC journalists on strike today
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

Has anyone noticed any difference?

Drac

The BBC?

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup, the today programme wasn’t on R4, errrr, today.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I learnt a lot about the pope this morning.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

yeah– woke up to radio programme praising Ratsinger as pope–thought that the item was going on a bit……then thought it must be sunday….!

frogstomp

Yup, Bargain Hunt rather than Breakfast News when I got up this morning..

chakaping
    Free Member

An increase in tedious smartarse comments on web forums?

IHN

I learnt a lot about the pope this morning.

Me too, after switching it on in the car at about 7:15 I had to check my phone after a while to see if he’d died or something…

rudebwoy
    Free Member

That ratsinger has a lot to answer for– basically tried to sweep the institutional abuse under the carpet–has protected the abusers all his time in office !!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Also confused on waking up as to why so much on the pope. Thought kt was a special report or something but did not really listen tbh.
    So yes the radio 4 fans and the tv watchers noticed
    5live also down

unklehomered
    Free Member

yeah– woke up to radio programme praising Ratsinger as pope–thought that the item was going on a bit……then thought it must be sunday….!

this. So confused. never realised how much I rely on John Humphries to tell me the time every few minutes. I had to turn my head to look at the clock…

somafunk

I did listen to good R4 economics mini program at 7.45am this morning, he talked about marginal gains and Matt Parker of British Cycling fame.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I have noticed that there was a distinct lack of new items adverts that just happen to be directly linked to programs on the BBC later this week

birky
    Free Member

Yes, a bit confused this morning (it doesn’t take much) by Radio 4 then switched to Radio Scotland and that was some thing else too 😕

binners

Why are they on strike?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

R4 this morning for me was Jay Rayner banging on about cooking offal and pork – bit much for me first thing Monday morning…

chakaping
    Free Member

Why are they on strike?

“Delivering quality first” – ha!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21495821

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Delivering some sort of quality would be a start.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

fighting against compulsory redundancies– when management are expanding their own jobs!

Not everyone stays on their knees….good on them !

rudebwoy
    Free Member

if you are a trade unionist it is your duty to support and respect others in struggle–a basic right–

TiRed

Thought Andrew Marr had made a recovery and was back on Start the Week, but no, a repeat 🙁

Tom-B
    Free Member

All the soft southerns striking because they’ve had to up sticks and move to the bleak north?

binners

Delivering some sort of quality would be a start.

Everything’s relative fella. Any criticisms you have of John Humphries should be tempered by a quick browse through the alternatives

Perfect if you’re not that bothered about Syria, and all that politics or international affairs guff, but found yourself with a burning desire for some make up tips, or were desperate to know what Jordan’s been up to recently

geoffj

I can’t blame them for not wanting to move to Salford Media City. But this isn’t what this is about is it?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Arrived in work calm and serene having not been vexed by Humphries and Naughty – struggling to get started without the usual 15min scream of “LET HIM FINISH HIS SENTENCE!” at the radio – was in great danger hearing what people have to say!!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Well Woman’s Hour is on so that settles the ‘it is[n’t] proper journalism’ arguement I’ve been having with a female friend for the last year.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Is there that much difference between Daybreak and the BBC breakfast programme? Watching both you can feel the pain of brain cells dying.

binners

Is there that much difference between Daybreak and the BBC breakfast programme?

I don’t know. Switching the telly on in the morning, and not Radio 4, is frightfully…. you know…. well….its probably the kind of thing that only happens on some frightful council estate

chakaping
    Free Member

All the soft southerns striking because they’ve had to up sticks and move to the bleak north?

have a look at the link

unklehomered
    Free Member

My policy is this. Sofas belong in dramas, could be a soap, could be a film, but sofas should never ever appear in factual TV, unless its a documentary about sofas, or a clip of another program.

Real Journalists have desks, not sofas, they are serious grown up people.

*exception is made for Charlie Brooker and [insert here]wipe, cos that is his sofa, in his home (I choose to believe it really is).

chakaping
    Free Member

Well Woman’s Hour is on so that settles the ‘it is[n’t] proper journalism’ arguement I’ve been having with a female friend for the last year.

Haha, either that or Jenni Murray is a scab.

chakaping
    Free Member

exception is made for Charlie Brooker

I take exception to him too (and he’s supposed to be comedy, btw).

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘BBC journalists on strike today’ is closed to new replies.