Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • BBC & ITV in Spain
  • eightyeight
    Free Member

My old man lives in quite rural Spain. He’s never had the need for ITV or BBC before (and I think he would feel bad as he doesn’t pay a license fee!).

However, I think he’s willing to surrender his morals for the next 3 weeks to watch the world cup!

He says a site called Filmon has just been blocked, but as there are a few Spanish STW readers I just wondered if anyone knew of a streaming site to watch BBC and ITV on?

allthepies
    Free Member

World Cup not shown on Spanish TV ?

After last night then that’s a distinct possibility I guess 🙂

dknwhy

He could download Sopcast and then go to one of the live feed sites like wiziwig to get the live HD football feeds.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eightyeight
    Free Member

Can I caveat all of the above with: He’s not exactly tech savy!

So changing IP addressed and all that jazz maybe a tad out of reach.

He’s lived there for over 10 years, but I think he’s hankering for some English commentary (as yes, I suspect it is on Spanish TV)

jimoiseau
    Free Member

I live in France and use first row sports, a quick google should find it. There’s usually 10 or so links per game and I’ve found UK terrestrial coverage has been one of the first three links for every game I’ve watched that way this world cup.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

He could download Sopcast and then go to one of the live feed sites like wiziwig to get the live HD football feeds.

He wouldn’t even need to download anything to use these feeds, most have a flash stream to use. There’s several sites that can be found with a bit of a google.

Mackem

http://www.sportsebooks.eu/amember

It’s what i’m using, 10 quid for 120 days. Excellent quality.

MSP

use smart dns from overplay, then just go to the main bbc and itv live sites.

BeardedDave
    Free Member

I’m a bit surprised that you say that http://www.filmon.com has been blocked. Works fine here in the Netherlands.
    Another way that works for me is using the Hola unblocker free add on for Firefox. This allows you to access UK websites. Works for me for BBCiplayer and UK (or even US) Netflix, amongst others.

iolo
    Free Member

Filmon ap works on android and iphone.
    I have it on iphone with streamed to my tv with apple tv.
    Another option is that your parents went to spanish classes to understand the telly in spain.

PrinceJohn

Could he not download hola into his browser (chrome or firefox) & then select UK?

then watch on tvcatchup?

Or try vipstand.net

andyfla
    Free Member

+1 for Hola on chrome – dead easy to use, enabled us to watch Netflix in Portugal – or the US version in the UK !

Easy enough for the IT dyslexic to use, install and then click on the icon and stream from the proper sites

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘BBC & ITV in Spain’ is closed to new replies.