Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • BBC advert should a complaint be made?
  • Premier Icon twinw4ll
    Free Member

BBC link type ad I’ve just spotted where people are dancing with fairy lights wrapped around themselves.
    This seems irresponsible, electricity and strangulation mixed together, ideal for young children watching.
    Opinions if you’ve seen it.

Premier Icon brads
    Free Member

Life is too short is my opinion.

Premier Icon sharkattack

I say that if you strangle yourself to death while dancing wrapped up in fairy lights, it was your time to go.

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

Yes, write a complaint. Remember to write using green ink.

Premier Icon northernmatt

Meh

Premier Icon eddiebaby

It’s not like we have a shortage of people.

Premier Icon james-rennie

Meh….Pffft.

Premier Icon binners

Depends. Were the lights solar powered?

Premier Icon Ro5ey
    Free Member

Oh lighten up

Premier Icon russianbob
    Free Member

Really?

Premier Icon orangespyderman

I say that if you strangle yourself to death while dancing wrapped up in fairy lights, it was your time to go.

This sums up my position, I think.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

This. You can’t fight Darwinian evolution….

Premier Icon kayak23

Channel 4 have done one where these kids are sitting on top of an enormous metal robotic number 4 in the street.

Makes you think.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Oh lighten up

6/10. Good effort.

Premier Icon p7eaven
    Free Member

What makes otherwise sane people one day decide that it’s ‘wake up, time to diode!’ ?

Premier Icon ElShalimo

I’d report it. That’s exactly how Victor Stone ended up being the Cyborg in Justice League !

Premier Icon bearnecessities

Led it go.

Premier Icon Cougar

I’ve not seen the advert but, you do know that fairy lights are like 12v and not running at mains voltage, yes? It’s not the 1970s any more, they’re about as dangerous as string.

Premier Icon Trimix
    Free Member

If you do complain be careful you don’t lick the stamp, you never know what germs you may pick up on it.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen

Don’t try this at home

Premier Icon franksinatra

Hand write the letter and use lots of phrases like ‘SO CALLED BBC!’, ‘cancel CULTURE’! and ‘woke’.
    Its really important to mix up your ‘so called’ cAPITAL letters and don’t forget important !! for impact.

For belt and braces it is best that you remind them that you pay their salaries and also mention how much ‘so called presenter’ Zoe Balls get paid.

Elth and safety gone mad, I tell ya!

Premier Icon scuttler

Lolz at Kayak23 Ch4 reference. Same robot blows a raspberry at the residents of Castleton. Bloody tin yob.

Premier Icon captainclunkz
    Free Member

Let it be. There’s to many idiots in this world.

Premier Icon timmys

tHE msm DoNT waNt U 2 kno that NXT time it cud B a CHILDS FACE!!!!!!!11111

Premier Icon brads
    Free Member

Led it go.

Deserves more credit.

Premier Icon 5lab
    Free Member

I’ve not seen the advert but, you do know that fairy lights are like 12v and not running at mains voltage, yes?

some might be but I had a set from ebay that definitely showed mains voltage on the cable. May have been extremely cheap.

Premier Icon martinhutch

should a complaint be made?

OFCOM, all ye faithful?

Premier Icon ElShalimo

bearnecessities

Led it go.

Chapeau !

Premier Icon Trimix
    Free Member

🙂

Premier Icon DickBarton

Ah, Buck Rogers…braw!

Premier Icon salad_dodger

You don’t need to write a letter as Unfitgeezer is currently organising a protest.

Premier Icon timbog160

😀

Premier Icon twinw4ll
    Free Member

Nah, didn’t think so, just wandered because a friend of ours daughter died when she got tangled in some blinds cord. Stupid little brat, bloody deserved it.
    Thanks all.

Premier Icon Cougar

some might be but I had a set from ebay that definitely showed mains voltage on the cable. May have been extremely cheap.

Well, aye, random crap off the Bay, who knows.

The old way of doing fairy lights was to wire a ton of conventional bulbs in series. The voltage drop across a couple of dozen bulbs would then be like 10V apiece. That’s why they were ‘one out, all out’ (like Arthur Scargill).

Modern LED lights use a fraction of the juice of filament bulbs and run off a transformer. Unless the transformer is faulty they’re likely about as hazardous as a PP3 battery.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Free Member

Be sure to write your complaint letter on coloured paper in felt tip and use capital letters. Either that or cut out each letter from a different magazine for extra crazy points.

Is you a troll because this seems like a fairy mundane thing to complain about? You need to lighten up and not be so easily strung along by your urge to berate the BBC. This thread needs to be wrapped up but not strangled obviously

Premier Icon franksinatra

Nah, didn’t think so, just wandered because a friend of ours daughter died when she got tangled in some blinds cord. Stupid little brat, bloody deserved it.

I have no idea what your point is here.

Premier Icon Cougar

I would hope it’s sarcasm. If it’s not then we should probably be alerting the authorities.

Premier Icon PiknMix

Probably referring back to the Darwinism comment given the OP’s experience of his friends daughters tragedy.

just wandered because a friend of ours daughter died when she got tangled in some blinds cord.

I can see why that would make the imagery emotive for you – and its something that blind manufacturers have designed out of their products since legislation came in during 2005 – but theres not a comparable risk with fairy lights. The issue with blind cords was because of their firm fix to the ceiling. Fairy lights – particularly ones you are wearing / dancing with – don’t provide that anchor point. In that way they’re no different to string, shoelaces, a school tie, a necklace or a hosepipe or anything else around the home that a kid could encounter a play with

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.