Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • BBC Scotland Adventure Show
  • birky
    Free Member

Assume this only goes out on BBC Scotland so here’s a linky

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09g3cc9

‘The Adventure Show joins 300 competitors from all over the UK for nearly 60 miles of racing in the majestic landscape of Highland Perthshire. There’s a chilly swim across Loch Tay, a 15-mile run over 7 Munros, seven miles of kayaking and to finish an epic day there is a 34-mile bike ride. Adventure racing doesn’t get much tougher than this.
    Plus Duncan McCallum takes on a biking challenge in Scotland’s last great wilderness, while film-maker Dan Bell celebrates our wild places.’

BurnBob
    Free Member

Nice one, sounds like the Kindrochit Quadrathlon. I did it a few years ago, great event, probably the hardest event I’ve done. Think we did it in 12 hours but a pair did it in just over 8 hours I’m sure.

matt_outandabout

They have been at the Quad before, as with so many adventure race events up here. I wonder when they will follow the Highland 550..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

I wonder when they will follow the Highland 550..

That’ll be difficult to follow within the spirit of the rules.

scotroutes

There’s a massive difference between covering a one-day, or even two-day event based in one area and something sprawling over the whole of the West Highlands for 6-8 days. Think of the number of cameras etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘BBC Scotland Adventure Show’ is closed to new replies.