Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • bb92 help please
  • D0NK

Got a cube stereo with a “BB92 cinch bottom bracket” as far as I can tell the 92 refers to the bottom bracket shell width. So what’s the difference between these bottom brackets?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/race-face-bb92-cinch-30mm-bottom-bracket/

I assume the 100 is for a fat bike, but 83?

I guess they are the same bearings either end with a slightly wider inner sleeve separating them. So I can just get the 68/73 version and if that’s not got the correct sleeve I could always use the old one?

Can anyone confirm?

batman11
    Free Member

In a word yes. But  you need to check what axel your cranks are running 24mm or 30mm!? Also  raceface bb are known to be pretty poor quility longevity wise, so my be it would be worth spending more and upgrading to a hope if your gonna keep the frame for a good while

Northwind

The good news is, BB92’s the closest thing to a pressfit BB standard that isn’t shite. The bad news is, Raceface’s relentless campaign against inequality means that all of their BBs are equally poor regardless of fitment so rather than finding a direct replacement you probably want to find something compatible but better. And not all Cinch cranks are 30mm- Aeffects are 24mm.

dovebiker

BB92 is a 41mm ID with 92mm width – some of the descriptions on the Wiggle page refer to BSA shell widths, not PF41 – the bearings are the same, and only the spacer-tube differs. I’d steer clear of any RaceFace BB – it’s like a crap BB conspiracy and go for something like Wheels Manufacturing PF41 where the 2-halves screw together and ensure better bearing alignment.

D0NK

cheers. Yeah pretty disappointed with the life of these bearings, only managed 350miles of mostly fair weather riding. I’m impatient to get bike back on the trails so just bought another RF with their wafer thin bearings I’ll probably look at getting a different setup (hope or WM) in future but as my cranks are 30mm I’ll need to obtain some 1x compatible 24mm cranks 🙁

craig24
    Free Member

I need to replace my BB92, should I use Loctite 641 / 609? or grease?

dovebiker

I need to replace my BB92, should I use Loctite 641 / 609? or grease?

Start here: Retainer selection guide

shipton47
    Free Member

I killer my race face bb92 30mm in about 2 months and gone through 4 hope ones in 2 years. Where as wife who rides pretty much the same amount as me still on original one till month ago. The hope ones are more serviceable so can eek more out of them. I use grease. A shop used loctite when they did oneand made no diff to me just more to clean when I changed to new one.

paton
    Free Member

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘bb92 help please’ is closed to new replies.