Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • BB30 – time to sort once and for all
  • tillydog
    Free Member

Happy to report that my Diverge is once again creak, click and groan free – blissfully silent, in fact. 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

You think you’ve got it bad. Bloody PF30 83mm.

tillydog
    Free Member

Can you get a BB30a adaptor (extra 5mm over BB30), or am I stuck with a Cannondale?

Chain Reaction list the FSA adaptor in 73mm, if that’s what you need.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fsa-bb30-threaded-adapter-b3119-/rp-prod129935

The BB shell needs to have a clear bore from one side to the other to fit them. I have read that various Cannondales have a ridge in the BB shell which stops you fitting this type of adaptor. Best check…

Rorschach
    Free Member

But then you’ve got to find a road chainset that uses a 73mm BB…good luck with that!

igm

To be fair it’s 73mm now I think – just with no spacers.

And yes there’s a ridge in the middle where the cable guide screws in.

It’s not going to work, is it.

ElVino

I am jinxed, had a local bike shop which is well thought off fit one of these. After a winter of it working well it has started to creak again. Shop has tried everything, refacing the sleeve, checking every thing else on the bike that might creak. Fitting  several different crank and and bottom bracket combinations and it still creaks. They now think sleeve or bond to shell has failed and it needs to be removed. Any suggestions who might be able to do this or is frame scrap?

whereisthurso
    Free Member

As long as it’s not a carbon frame you can take it out and put it back in numerous times with a headset press/extractor. I’ve made a tool to do this easily from a few cheap bits and pieces from b and q. I’ve just fitted another one on friday which is why it’s fresh in my mind.

If it was fitted correctly with plenty of  the loctite that is supplied with it if be really surprised if it was able to move inside the frame and cause a creak. <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Are you sure it’s the bottom bracket creaking? I’d check all of the other usual suspect like skewers, headset, bars and stem before going down that route. </span>

ElVino

Aluminium frame so hopefully this will work, used Loctite 638 as no glue supplied when I bought the sleeve from Ribble. Have tried everything, different wheels, headset, sharpest / saddle, bars and stem.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘BB30 – time to sort once and for all’ is closed to new replies.