• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by cp.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • BB30 – Preventative maintenance
  • Kryton57

So, my roadie is in the shop getting its second BB30 in 18 months.

Anything (other than converting) I can do post ride/wash to help make a BB30 last longer?

Nick

Don’t ride so often?

Kryton57

I have a winter bike meaning that this one, although has been ridden several times in the wet, has only about 1000km at best.

Its just stupidly rubbish/expensive. I think one of the issues is that its a carbon frame with no “drain” hole in the bb shell, but even so…

Garry_Lager

drill it, bro.

Kryton57

Drill my carbon frame? 😯

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Dont buy shoddy Italian shite

cynic-al
    Free Member

grease the bearings before installation.

Speak to the mfr about the issue and drilling the bb shell.

Or just drill it if it’s out of warrranty.

toons
    Free Member

Buy a chris king bb30 and re-grease with the tool

IanW
    Free Member

This thread has reminded me I want to change mine before the summer, does anyone know the bearing number 68..something ..something so i can order before taking it apart? .

OP if your at all inclined to diying this sort of thing they are actually very easy to change yourself.

SKF bearings c£10 each and took about and hour including a cup of tea some standing and staring.

(I avoid water on all my bikes, may occasionally hose one off straight after a ride but if at all possibe prefer to let em dry then brush off the dirt and clean with mr sheen.)

titusrider
    Free Member

ive just had mine changed thinking they had gone, turns out it was the crankset clicking but they changed them anyway

they had lasted 4 years from new without a hitch, riding all year round. maybe im just lucky 🙂

Murray

No Chris King BB30, just PF30 according to the Chris King site.

Bearing size is 6806-2RS

cp

My Boardman is nearly two years old, on the original BB and still spinning super smoothly. It’s the winter road/CX bike so it sees some crap. It does have a drain hole in the frame though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘BB30 – Preventative maintenance’ is closed to new replies.