Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • BB Replacement Advice
  • rherbert
    Free Member

Bearings shot in the non drive side of press fit sram gxp bb92 on Meta Am 4.2. Plus also creaks after a year grrr.

Thinking of replacing with Hope pf41:

-good choice for replacement?

-any alternatives worth considering?

-anyone got a hope bb tool I could use/borrow in the leicester area?

tintim

I have a PF41, they’re great BB’s and smooth as butter. I did consider Chris King as an alternative but decided on the former. Mainly based on cost and Hopes brilliant after care.

I invested in a tool myself because I do my own maintenance, I managed to pick one up for £35. My advice is get one, as painful as it is to front the cost I’ve had to use it a few times now to nip it up. However after applying some loctite to the cups and inner thread it no longer works loose. This only affected the drive side of my BB and after contacting Hope they said this was a common problem and most manufacturers who had the same issue use epoxy. I still wanted to make the PF serviceable.

dovebiker

Wheels Manufacturing screw together – design means better bearing alignment and no need for a press to install – easier to remove for maintenance too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rherbert
    Free Member

@dovebiker cheers for the info. which bb are you referring to mate there are a few by wheels?

@tintim
    thanks for the advice mate ill start to. look for one.

rherbert
    Free Member

Bought new bb to replace old. Got the wheels manufacturing bb86/92 thread together. Just tried to fit it and there is a lip inside the bb shell that won’t let the new bb cups seat straight. it is on the upper shell wall and is essentially a raised flat surface. Assume where to pieces of the frame join. </span>

Any ideas how to get around or will I need a different bb?

Is it normal?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘BB Replacement Advice’ is closed to new replies.