Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • B&B at Fort William
  • SBrock
    Free Member

Any recommendations for nice bike friendly b&b at fort William ?

Or self catering cottage would be good too!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Do need to be IN Ft Willy? This about 4 miles out, looking straight onto the North face of the Ben (we go every May!)

http://seangan.co.uk/

Northwind

Torlinnhe (just on the south edge of the Fort) is very nice- modern house, good hosts. Not brilliant bike-wise, they let me use their garage but the door was falling off its hinges and wouldn’t lock. Offstreet parking though. But otherwise- good value for what you get. The single room is a bargain, since you get a big bed, nice big quality TV, full ensuite… I’m not sure but I suspect the twin room is to a lower spec, would be worth checking with them. Oh and smoked salmon and scrambled egg for breakfast.

Achnabobane Farmhouse (about halfway between Spean Bridge and Fort William) is a bit of a classic scottish b&b- quite small rooms, tiny TV, nicely worn in decor etc, really just feels like you’re in the spare bedroom. But good food, it’s out of town and right on top of nevis range, and in the middle of its own farm with deer on it- fabulous views across the mountains. As far as bike storage, I think they lack any locked inside storage but they’re in the middle of nowhere so I was happy leaving the bikes in the car.

SBrock
    Free Member

Ok thanks, anymore?

Mounty_73
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘B&B at Fort William’ is closed to new replies.