Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bays Brown Farm Campsite, Chapel Stile, Lakes?
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

Any good? Thinking of taking my Daughter next week but want somewhere a bit quieter than some of those really overcrowded and noisy ones you get in the lakes.

If its pants please recommend somewhere better.

scruff
    Free Member

I liked it.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve only been a couple of times and it was noisy and overcrowded, one of them might have been Easter bank hols tho. They’re all always a bit of a gamble as it only takes one small group to spoil it. Weekdays should be better odds. If I’m wanting peace and quiet I’d go somewhere outside the honeypots.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The nicest toilet/shower block I’ve experienced is Rydal hall campsite.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

S’alright, little bike rides either side of it, pubs in both directions. Midweek you’ll be fine.

Folks tend to congregate around the farm, usuall more space nearer the river

Blackflag
    Free Member

Cheers kids x

duncancallum

make sure its ok after it got flooded 2 weeks ago

Blackflag
    Free Member

make sure its ok after it got flooded 2 weeks ago

Ahhh good call. cheers

spawnofyorkshire

Camp a little further away from the farmhouse and toilets and it’ll be quieter.
    The National trust campsite further up the valley is my preferred option, but I’ve stayed at both and enjoyed myself
    The wainwright is good for food and if it’s busy the britannia in elterwater is also good and only a few minutes walk away

MrSparkle

Walk back down Cumbria Way for superb views of the Langdales and a bevvy at either NDG or ODG.

ampthill

It looked really empty last week. But it does get very busy in good weather. I think its worst feature is period driving to the toilet block when the wind type are in town. But the views are great

martinhutch

period driving to the toilet block when the wind type are in town

Quoi?

BB is a good campsite, straight onto the trails as well. May not be quiet at August BH, mind you, especially now the forecast is picking up. You might be better off getting away from the honeypots a bit.

ampthill

Matin typo. Wrong type not wind type

But yes people were driving from the lower field to the toilets so walking on the track meant constanlty stopping to avoid cars..

But I think the new layout should reduce or stop this. It was very busy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bays Brown Farm Campsite, Chapel Stile, Lakes?’ is closed to new replies.