Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bay issue – Return postage…?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I sold a Sigma camera lens through eBay a couple of weeks ago. It was virtually unused and in perfect nick.
    The buyer complained it wasn’t smooth zooming or focussing and requested a return and refund. I was perplexed but said, OK, fine.
    I’ve just received it back and as far as I can tell the lens is as it always was. It works fine on my camera, focusses quickly and accurately and the zoom feels identical to my other two Sigma lenses.

I’ve issued a full refund via Paypal for the full auction value, every penny he paid.

But he wants his return postage refunded as well…
    Now, if I recall correctly, I’m not liable for that am I?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry wrong forum… 😳

poah
    Free Member

no, he is not entitled.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No I didn’t think so. Cheers

deepreddave
    Free Member

I looked this up just a few days ago and the seller is liable if a refund is issued presumably due to an error on their part rather than just a change of heart.

nickdavies

Supposed to be down to you as technically you’ve accepted the item is not as described.
    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/item-not-as-described.html

In reality it’s down to you if its not in your returns policy, check that though that you stated buyer pays return postage. If you did then tell him to jog on as forcing you to refund the return post as well is beyond ebays powers.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

technically you’ve accepted the item is not as described.

I offered a refund to an unhappy buyer. Now I’ve got my lens back, I can see there’s nothing wrong with it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

What sort of lens and camera fit is it PP?

cynic-al
    Free Member

NO refund.

If he’d raised a dispute then eBay might have paid it (I’ve had this recently).

nickdavies

I offered a refund to an unhappy buyer. Now I’ve got my lens back, I can see there’s nothing wrong with it.

I know that, you know that, the buyer knows that. Doesn’t mean he won’t try it on…

Edit: just spotted an omission in my post, it should have read ‘In reality it’s only down to you if its not in your returns policy’ 😳

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bigyinn, it’s a Sigma 18-250 with OS, Canon fit.
    I’ll probably bang it on the classifieds.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

He’s not trying it on any more, so case closed
    Can I get my eBay fees back?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I sold a Sigma Telephoto lens last year for my Wife from her 7D. The buyer then complained that there was no carry case (it was boxed and everything clearly listed in the auction from the outset). I never listed the lens with a case as that how we purchased it from London Camera Exchange. The buyer was a dick & it all got messy as he wanted me to pay for postage or cover the price of the case. In the end we lost £30 on the sale. It was cheaper to do this than get rinsed by return postage fees/insurance. OP I sympathise! EBay is a joke these days.

bigyinn
    Free Member

PP bugger, Im after similar focal length, but Pentax fit. Oh well.

cynic-al
    Free Member

rumbledethumps how on earth did that happen?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bay issue – Return postage…?’ is closed to new replies.