Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Battlestar Galactica (S3&4) worth the watch??
  • donks
    Free Member

Ive sat through series 1 and 2 and really enjoyed these but after talking to a couple of mates on Saturday night I got the impression series 3 and 4 were bobbins and I should cut and run….whats the general consensus on here then??

kimbers

it does wander a little but still great IMHO, definitely worrth it

I very much liked the ending too

kelvin

It gets better in my opinion. But different.

z1ppy

If you enjoyed the first two, why wouldn’t you finish the series? Wouldn’t say the ending was dramatic (tell me a show where it was) or unexpected but it worked for me.
    Saying that Caprice never floated my boat and I must sit down and watch Bloody and Chrome

organic355
    Free Member

Stick with it, but dont miss out “Razor” Which fits in somewhere in the 3rd series. Not sure you get that if you are renting from lovefilm etc? Should be in the boxset if you have that though?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica:_Razor

Bimbler
    Free Member

After about 6 years finally got around to watching s03 (up to s03e15) thanks to Netflix, enjoying it but there have been a few filler episodes and a bit of a soapy/melodrama back story. Not as good as s01/s02 but still good

Cougar

Your mates are idiots.

HTH.

donks
    Free Member

Well if Kimbers endorses it then that’s good enough for me…..wonders off to have a word with so called mates..

Cheers Guys

grum
    Free Member

It does lose it’s way at points but well worth sticking with. The ending is bobbins though.

spawnofyorkshire

The final two seasons went a bit off the rails at times and then when they bring it back on track at the end of season 4 they threw a POS ending together that still annoys me.

“The Plan” was another movie thing supposedly showcasing what the cylons were up to the whole time, but that’s bobbins and shows how the writers were just making it up as they went along and rushed the ending

Caprica was weird and bore no relation to BSG

Haven’t watched blood and chrome yet

Hope that helps

Irritated son of the West Riding

footflaps

I enjoyed BSG all the way through, quite liked the ending as well.

Blood and chrome was a bit mediocre and Caprica was very tedious, gave up after about 6 episodes.

Cougar

To be fair,

Now I come to think about it, the ending to BSG was a little weak. But it was arguably inkeeping with the running themes throughout.

Sometimes though, it’s more about the journey than the destination.

nickc

Hmmm, it loses its way and the end and some plot devices made me go ” Did you just make that up, you did didn’t you?”

Still I watched it though

ChrisL

I didn’t think that the final season was up to the standards of what came before.

richmtb

If you have watched Season 1 & 2 aren’t you wondering how everyone gets on their new planet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Battlestar Galactica (S3&4) worth the watch??’ is closed to new replies.