Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • Battlefield 1
  • siwhite
    Free Member

Moderately off topic – I might buy a console purely to play this game. Should I buy an X-Box or a PS4? None of my friends are especially into gaming so no concerns about online compatibility etc.

Massive can of worms I know…!

Drac

PS4 gets my vote.

Servers are slow.

fifeandy
    Free Member

They had the Beta to get it all right.

Beta never gets it all right – i think there’s just no way to properly replicate the stress a new release of an AAA title has on network infrastructure.
    And its not always the servers themselves at fault, often its top tier internet providers themselves that struggle under a mass of traffic all trying to go to one place.

Drac

Seems to back up and running well again.

A quick blast before I head to work.

dmck16
    Free Member

If you’re on PS4 and fancy teaming up, DM me your username. Expecting my copy to arrive in the post today 😛

nuke

Im out of touch on gaming as my son tells me he’s still downloading the update(?) for BF1 on his Xbox One as its 44Gb…44Gb!?! 😯

Drac

Yup they’re big old games now.

razorrazoo

Gave in and bought it, just loading up now. Razor_Razoo

Drac

Haha! Enjoy

MrOvershoot

Nearly finished the 41Gb download for the PC version, though you can play at 33% downloaded.
    Fairly hi spec PC here & it looks superb 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Played one multiplayer game today. Pretty frantic and at times can be hard to get an idea of what the hell is going on. Fun though

makkag
    Free Member

Brought on Friday and played a little 1 player due to ddos attacks . Multiplayer last night and well its rather special .. just plays in an amazing way that sucks you in .. not 100% on the maps yet the only one i liked was the city based one and the one from beta .. but given time they may grow on me .. not on much but makkag_78 on psn .. the worrying thing was it showed me in my stats i put 400 hours into BF4 :/

sundaytrucker
    Free Member

I picked this up yesterday, not 100% sure it is for me yet as it feels more like Battlefront (I didn’t like) than Battlefield 4 (loved) but will persist and see if it takes hold.

If anyone wants to squad up then add me on PSN @ sal-paradise –

fifeandy
    Free Member

Will probably pick up a copy towards the end of the week. Season ends at Relentless this weekend, so then its 2-4 weeks of chilling and only riding bike if I really want to = plenty time to pwn n00bs 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Anyone else struggling with servers? I can play CoD or Rust online with no problems, I have only finished two rounds on B1 due to losing connection to the EA servers.

Drac

Not had any issues since Friday.

Drac

How is everyone getting on?

Working my up the ranks mostly as Medic.

[video]https://youtu.be/qzCjhQoSaeU[/video]

alexxx
    Free Member

It looks so good… I’m really holding off buying it and another games console.

MrOvershoot

Drac – Moderator

How is everyone getting on?

I’ve died more than a Polish comic at an EDL convention

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I’m really liking bf1 so far.

The campaign is good.

Multiplayer is great. I like tanks being fairly hard to destroy. Maybe this will change once assault players open up all the weapons. Tanks were not intimidating enough on bf4.

I have died a huge amount!

StiffeeFR on psn.

Drac

It’s the best BF since 1942 there I’ve said it.

I think I have you one my friends list already Stu I’m sure I see you online earlier.

Died loads but getting better.

samunkim
    Free Member

Kids still taking the piss out of me chocking up after playing “the runner” campaign

Drac

Haha! It was emotional stuff

atlaz
    Free Member

Rebooting the XBox before playing seems to help the connection stability. Played an hour last night and so far pretty impressed with the balancing. There’s a couple of VERY overpowered vehicles which need some balance. I spent the majority of one game in a zeppelin bombing the shit out of anything that moved (28 kills or so) and took approximately 5% damage. Likewise though, I sank a dreadnaught alone in a torpedo boat due to laziness of the opposition, only took about 3-4 minutes.

Drac

The Behemoths only come in if one team has a 100 point lead, they are to rebalance the game. You can take them down fairly quickly if you know where to aim and those on it pay no attention.

atlaz
    Free Member

We didn’t have a 100-point deficit for long let me tell you. I think between me bombing and the gunners we accounted for almost 60 kills on CTF and made it possible to dislodge the other lot.

myti
    Free Member

Looking to upgrade from 360 to xbox one as a Christmas present to self. Haven’t bothered with the online gaming side for years as got bored of being wiped out within 2 seconds of reswpawning in cod so have just played games like gta v and skyrim offline but is it worth buying these games nowadays without the online element?

Drac

We didn’t have a 100-point deficit for long let me tell you. I think between me bombing and the gunners we accounted for almost 60 kills on CTF and made it possible to dislodge the other lot.

That’s the idea. Kills don’t count it’s based on the amount of flags you have, the more you hold the faster the score ticks over.

atlaz
    Free Member

That’s what I mean by OP though; we went from a decent sized deficit at around the other team having 300-400 points to winning by about 300 points. Course it might have been down to them not bothering with planes or AA guns.

Drac

Yup that will be why.

Drac

I’ve just played some Operations with my nephew and a couple of others, intense as hell and great fun.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Battlefield has beeen a bit meh for a long time – Vietnam was the last memorable one for me. Is this as open and a vast as Vietnam or have they kept it more contained for the COD kids. is there a hardcore mode to change the game pace, like the old ones?

Personally Im waiting for Rising Storm: Vietnam.

Rosss
    Free Member

Picked it up on Tuesday and I’m loving it so far, just like bad company. Maps are all huge tactical maps!

Finding the weapons a little underpowered at the minute, takes a good few shots to kill with most. Hardcore mode looks to be coming soon which I always prefer anyway.

Drac

Battlefield has beeen a bit meh for a long time – Vietnam was the last memorable one for me. Is this as open and a vast as Vietnam or have they kept it more contained for the COD kids. is there a hardcore mode to change the game pace, like the old ones?

For conquest and Operations the maps are huge.

Finding the weapons a little underpowered at the minute, takes a good few shots to kill with most. Hardcore mode looks to be coming soon which I always prefer anyway.

Yeah I prefer that too.

razorrazoo

Hardcore would be great, got used to playing hardcore on CoD and moving back to regular has been a nightmare with the TTK, I seem to get taken down quickly but take an age to kill anyone.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That’s the thing, hardcore mode is all about teamwork, movement, positioning, mid range engagements, making sure that if you’re a sniper to operate in the counter sniper mode instead of racking up as many kills as possibe and throwing as many rounds down range as possible.

Standard mode is about getting in as close as possible and keeping the cross hairs on the other guy – better than he’s keeping the crosshairs on you.

Eg Quake vs Team based shooter

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Downloaded this on PS4 last night, is there a singletrack multiplayer group? I am volunteering to be shot in the face

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Amazon tell me my hori tac pro arrives today. I hope to be opening a big can of whoopass, but in reality I will probably still die constantly.

myti
    Free Member

Just getting into mutiplayer having completed campaign. Not played any Battlefield before so am mostly dying at the mo. Seem to do best with the sniper as a scout rather than with either of the machine guns just can’t seem to kill before being killed ever if I start shooting 1st. Any tips on tactics. hel27 on xbox if anyone wants to play with a level 3…

mechanicaldope

It’s all about the objective. Kills are irrelevant. Unless playing deathmatch of course. Personally hate it when lots of my team are playing sniper as this doesn’t help the team at all. Medic is probably the best class to start on. The basic rifle is awesome.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Battlefield 1’ is closed to new replies.