Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Battle of the 30.9 dropper seatposts – RSP plummet any good or …
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

is it brand – x all the way?

flyingmonkeycorps

I had a Plummet. It died quickly, and I got another one under warranty. That died too, and I got my money back. Then I got a Brand X. I’ve still got the Brand X, had it for a couple of years now I think and it just keeps going.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I use a Gravity Dropper. got it for £30 on eBay, plus £15 for a nicer lever.
    It works, right up til the point it doesn’t. But then you spray some WD40 on it, wiggle it up and down a couple of times and it works again. Extra brucey bonus points in that it can be dismantled entirely with a multi tool.

While it is a bit clunky in use, the low price and ability to fix with almost zero hassle has made me stick with it.

chakaping
    Free Member

OneUp do reasonably priced posts with nice low stack height (so you can have more drop than you probably think).

leegee

Crank brothers Highline, very durable but slow to return.

ajantom

I’ve had a RSP Plummet Stealth for 2 years now, and had zero issues. Run through 2 winters, and it’s had plenty of use and abuse.

Side by side with my mates’ Brand X, and they’re identical bar a couple of minor aesthetic details. I think they’re probably from the same catalogue page, if you get my drift.

marksnook
    Free Member

I was running a 30.9 one up post on my airdrop, got a 31.6 one up on my new bike. Never had problems and it just worked. Got that and a brand x post about to go up for sale when I get around to it!

monkeyboyjc

Brand x

munkiemagik
    Free Member

@marksnook
    What drop is your oneup 30.9? I really cant afford to spend anymore unnecessarily but dang it I’m interested. That ridiculous stack height on the 125mm drop reverb is so doing my head in.

Im a 5ft 7 on a medium 2016 canyon spectral. Depending on what shoes I wear (thickness of sole) even the 125mm dropper is a smidge too tall fully extended, inside a 440mm seat tube and it kinda feels like it doesn’t get out of the way enough when slammed down (reverbs 65mm stack height).

If I wear the thicker soled shoes its almost Ok but I don’t like the shoes grip that gives me that better height.

Reverb 125 drop plus stack height is 190mm. The oneup 150 drop plus stack height is 183mm I believe so perfect 7mm lower height at full and perfect lower stack (33mm?) at slammed.
    can anyone verify or correct those numbers? because if correct the oneup would work no matter what shoes I wore.

But back to topic, I had a Brand X and it never failed me once and never gave any trouble. just so simple and reliable all the time I had it

vmgscot

If the OneUp or Brand X fit inside your frame then drop can be tweaked with the plastic spacers. Both have same internals. I tweaked my girlfriend’s 150mm Brand X down to a 140mm drop so it fits perfect height for her.

marksnook
    Free Member

@munkiemagik it’s 170mm drop but like others have said it’s adjustable. The brand x I have is 150mm
    I like those one up posts. It was tricky to get it set up on my cotic for some reason but now it’s in it just works. Ran it on an airdrop edit previously and it was easy enough I set up and faultless

munkiemagik
    Free Member

@marksnook
    Thanks buddy, I’m afraid I’m going to have to give the OneUp a miss now. Somehow in the 21hrs since I posted that message with the intention of buying your dropper I ended up buying another bike randomly, spur of the moment kind of thing, for dedicated turbo-trainer purposes.

So the wallet has been welded shut and locked out of sight.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Battle of the 30.9 dropper seatposts – RSP plummet any good or …’ is closed to new replies.