Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bathroom Scales
  • ali69er
    Free Member

Hi,

Anyone have any experience of smart scales without spending a fortune, do all the extra measurements really add anything or will it just compound that I have not discipline when it comes to eating and drinking too much.

Old scales have broken so an upgrade is needed.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

I have a cheap (£25ish) set off Amazon and its helped me lose about a stone this year, i know that doesn’t sound loads compared to some peoples achievements but for me its made me quite happy.

I link mine to my fitbit account which is very handy because it adjusts my calorie burned figure related to my body composition etc. Using this together with food logging on myfitnesspal (which also links to fitbit, i just use it because the food database is massively larger than fitbits own) makes tracking calories a lot easier to stick to on the long run.

I quite like the history logging feature too with graphs etc.. means i don’t have to go writing anything down in old diaries only to never look at them again.

simon_g

Our Withings scale is over 7 years old now, still working great, I just swap the (rechargeable) AA batteries in it every year or so. Does weight, body fat (which is hopelessly inaccurate as with any bathroom scales) and shows you BMI because you tell it your height. If two or more people set up on it are close in weight then it gets you to shift weight to one side or the other to tell it who you are. It sends data over wifi, not bluetooth so no phone pairing / range issues.

Looks like current equivalent is £65 and worth it IMO over the cheapies.

llama

Withings +1

Will even automatically update with Zwift

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I bought the Eufy (Anker) ones recently for thirtysomething quid and they seem excellent.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

A good mirror is a far better investment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom Scales’ is closed to new replies.