Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bathroom Light/Shaver Socket
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

ok,my dear darling better half managed to break the (pull) light switch, I have a replacement unit but my question is:

do I need to switch off the light ring and the socket ring or just the one? The socket ring would be a ball ache as there’s a 6ft fish tank that would need the filter restarting, how can I tell? woudl there be a slew of brown wires if its on the mains ring? do shaver sockets run off the light ring?

help before I end up with hair like Rudeboy!! 😆

carbon
    Free Member

Just turning off the light circuit breaker should be fine. The shaver socket shouldn’t be connected to the lights. However you can never tell how somebody has bodged the wiring… Best thing to do is turn off the light circuit breaker, carefully unscrew the cover on the pull switch, and check with a multi meter that no power is getting to it, do this before you start sticking screwdrivers in there.

Stuart
    Free Member

Sorry to be contradict carbon but shaver sockets can often be run off lighting circuits. Whatever you do make sure you test it carefully, it’s always a good idea to isolate the downstairs lights as well as it could have been accidentally linked. If in doubt call a sparky !

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom Light/Shaver Socket’ is closed to new replies.