Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Basque MTB
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

If everyone else is on a hardtail, I think I’d have more fun doing the same rather than a big bouncy bike. Then again, if I don’t use the big bike for that, what’s the point in having it?

TheGingerOne

Oxy will be on a hardtail aswell.

We have both been riding since before full sus came along and are both very at home riding hardtails, but as you say what is the point of a big bike if you don’t use it, but that be why I got rid of mine without regrets 🙂

I like not having a choice!

booktownman
    Free Member

Onzadog – the lads who were out with me yesterday said the riding was big – you may want your big bike!

missnotax
    Free Member

Big bouncy bike for me! 8)

Onzadog
    Free Member

I rode it on the 6 pack last year, wondering if I might give the pace a go this year.

I’ve been riding since fully rigid bikes with friction shifting. I like having a choice, right up until I have to make a choice!

Redwoods will be bouncy as well (she doesn’t have a choice).

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hey guys, sorry i´m late to this thread but it´s been amazingly busy here and I´ve been out on the bike a lot. I´m looking forward to guiding you all in August. It should be a fun week and we have a couple of things planned already. For the bikes, bring what you´re comfortable on. I´ll be riding my Orbea Rallon so it´s bouncy bouncy for me but lots of people bring hardtails and make it home not dead. As always we have a minimum of two guides so we can split the trails to give people what they want, although the plan is to ride together. It should be some techy trails and some flowy trails I think.

matt, it tends to be a bit technical here but it doesn´t have to be if you book on the right week. I can advise on that if you want to drop me an email.

mattrgee
    Free Member

matt, it tends to be a bit technical here but it doesn´t have to be if you book on the right week. I can advise on that if you want to drop me an email.

Thanks Doug.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

How does the Basque Country compare to Sierra Nevada?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I can’t compare the riding but Sierra Nevada would have to have *really* good food to outdo the Basques

Leku
    Free Member

San Sebastian
    Population: 186,122
    Michelin Stars: 14
    Stars Per 100,000 Residents: 7.5

oxym0r0n

Just looking back at this thread… I do have a choice of bikes, but given the other one is fully rigid and singlespeed, the Solaris *is* my big bike. Very much looking forward to some tech and flowing singletrack!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cleaned the bike yet then Oxymoron?

oxym0r0n

It was already clean 😉 apart for a little clay bar, polish and wax 😉 run out of baby wipes yet 😉 forks booked in for a service before bbb

Onzadog
    Free Member

They’re “functionally” clean still. Need to do a proper job on both before the weekend. How’s the battle scar looking in the cold light of day?

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Basque MTB’ is closed to new replies.