Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Baslow Edge – Curbar Edge Derbyshire
  • Carax
    Free Member

Is the trail along the top of Baslow Edge, Curbar Edge and on through Longshaw Estate now open to cyclists ?

I know in the past Baslow Edge was, but the rest restricted to walkers only, – but I thought I had read somewhere that it had now changed.

Anyone know current status ?

slowoldman

Ride Sheffield website still has the same note that they are (were?) hoping to be open for April.
    http://www.ridesheffield.org.uk/2014/02/curbarfroggatt-bridleway-nears-completion/
    I was over at Curbar Gap a couple of weeks ago and had a poke around behind the carpark but couldn’e see any sign they were getting there yet.

JohnnyPanic

The track over Baslow Edge is a bridleway so no problem there. If it’s not changed yet the rest of it won’t be long in coming, though (imo) you should have no problems riding the rest of it now as long as you do so with due consideration.

slowoldman

That nice Mr. Keeperofthepeak has been in touch with Eastern Moors and confirmed to me that the Curbar Froggatt bridleway is now open. Gates, etc. still to be completed.

Carax
    Free Member

Thanks for the good news Guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Baslow Edge – Curbar Edge Derbyshire’ is closed to new replies.