Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Basic reverb service kits. Are they all the same?
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of old reverbs that are out warranty and suffering from the dreaded sag.

Thought I’d sort them out with a basic service. One is a stealth and the other normal.

Are the basic service kits (the ones that are about £14) the same for stealth and non stealth or do I need a specific kit?

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I have basically the same question and I seem to remember a useful thread on here a while ago with someone explaining it all. I have a feeling it was a deviation from the original topic though so may be tricky to find. Worth a hunt through using the search, I just don’t have time right now!

welshfarmer

Everytime my old one has developed “the sag” I have fixed it by swapping out a single O-ring. The replacement O-ring is one of about 20 I have in a universal O-ring set from Aldi (4.99 for a thousand of different sizes). Last repair lasted about 8 months.

mjsmke

I think the basic kit and bleed kit is all you need to strip and rebuild providing you have some soft vice jaws (is that what they are called?) And the means to set the height of the IFP. The full service kit just include all the parts that will eventually wear out. So if there is no excessive lateral or rotational movement you probably only need one rings.

windysurfer
    Free Member

Everytime my old one has developed “the sag” I have fixed it by swapping out a single O-ring.

Which one? 🙂

welshfarmer

The one under the Big Silver or Black top cap holding all the bushings. The one you have to take the post almost to component parts to get to :-). Just keep it upside down though so as not to disturb the oil.

Simple test. If you pump it up to 250 psi and leave it a few hours and come back and there is only 100 psi in there. It may be this O-ring causing the sag. If it holds air it may be something else

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Basic reverb service kits. Are they all the same?’ is closed to new replies.