Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bashguard on ISCG mount?
  • Superficial
    Free Member

Does anyone manufacture a taco bashguard that mounts onto ISCG mounts? What I want is JUST a bashguard, no top guide, no bottom roller etc. I already have a top guide (e13 XCX) via the front mech ‘direct mount’ and I’d like to keep that.

e13 have their TRS, and MRP do the AM2 which is sort of what I want, but:
    1) They’re expensive and partly duplicate what I already have (the top guide)
    2) The sizes are such that if I change chainring I’d (theoretically) have to buy a new guide. I’m currently on 34t but I might fit a smaller/bigger one in the future. My current top guide (e13 XCX) is adjustable from 32t up to 42t.

coogan
    Free Member
    hatter
    timmys

Also MRP XCG.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Check what the frame manufacturer says about these,

For example, Santa Cruz won’t warranty destroying the ISCGs if you’ve mounted a taco bash on it.

If you’re 1x I consider the chain wrapped around the chainring as a good enough bash. Unlikely to smash the teeth as the chain is supporting it. That’s my theory anyway. Plus if it’s 34 or less it’s far less likely to strike something unless it’s a very low BB.

Superficial
    Free Member

Hmmm, my googling wasn’t as effective as I thought. You’ve found a few options, so thanks.

If you’re 1x I consider the chain wrapped around the chainring as a good enough bash. Unlikely to smash the teeth as the chain is supporting it. That’s my theory anyway. Plus if it’s 34 or less it’s far less likely to strike something unless it’s a very low BB.

That was my theory too. But I do indeed have a very low BB, in conjunction with a very long wheelbase and a penchant for trials. So on my current bike I’m getting more strikes than previously, and I’ve already ruined a drive-side BB cup – I think as a result of impacts. Plus, the 1×11 chains and sprockets are more expensive.

I’m not aware of any recommendations from canyon about the ISCG mounts. I think that’s fair enough TBH.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bashguard on ISCG mount?’ is closed to new replies.