• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by PJay.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bargin Chain Whip – Not ! ;)
  • foxyrider
    Free Member
    Northwind
    Onzadog
    Free Member

They do look nice but it’s a lot of money for a pair of Mole Grips.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I know that price hikes are a daily occurrence in MTB world, but for £66 they could at least have supplied the tool with a nickel plated chain.

nosedive
    Free Member

the pedro vise thing is great, I got one for about £25. it is worth it for all of the knuckle skin I have saved. would I pay £45 for one? not sure

Onzadog
    Free Member

I remember them being about £25 and always thought it would be good to get around to buying one.

trout
    Free Member

£5.99 from CRC
    chain whip

nosedive
    Free Member

I saw a thing in one of the magazines where someone attached 2 bits of chain to the jaws of some molegrips by drilling little holes in the jaws and then putting the chain pieces on using a chain tool. not sure if I could be bothered with that level of bodge though

JAG

A chain whip is one of the easiest tools to make!

We’ve all got bits of old chain lying around and a chain-splitting tool (most cyclists have one – I guess). Then all you need is a length of Aluminium bar or Steel, both of which are available from B&Q (other DIY supermarkets are available) and a drill.

Come on people – even £5.99 is expensive 😆

andrewh
    Free Member

My £5 oil-filter wrench works perfectly well, even on 10sp.

uplink
    Free Member

Then all you need is a length of Aluminium bar or Steel, both of which are available from B&Q

A simple length of timber [2×2] is all you need
    Nail the chain to one end

One very effective chain whip for FA cost

emac65
    Free Member

Changed the chain on my 20+ yrs old oil filter remover to a bike chain,jobs a good ‘un….

_tom_
    Free Member

My chain whip is an old chain in a vice.

PJay
    Free Member

This Shimano chain checker strikes me a something less than a bargain too considering you can get an X Tools one for not far off £50 less!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bargin Chain Whip – Not ! ;)’ is closed to new replies.