Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bargain 26er Wheels – anything I have missed?
  • BillOddie

Need a set of 26er wheels, 15mm Front QR Rear.
    Ideally 6 bolt hubs.

Seen Mavic Crossrides for 130 or Superstar/Pacenti for 150.

Anyone seen any decent deals?

They are for the wife so they don’t need to be burly.

ads678

They are for the wife so they don’t need to be burly.

😯 I hope you’ve brought you flame proof jacket!!

wwaswas

I’ve got some Hope Pro 2/Stans ZTR 355 I’ll be selling shortly if you’re interested in 2nd hand?

BillOddie

I hope you’ve brought you flame proof jacket!!

She’s 8 stone and rides cautiously…

slackboy

I’ve got the Pacenti ones and they seem pretty good. I’m a bit heavier than your missus (well, twice as heavy) but I’ve been round ladybower loop on them and they didn’t break. The hub makes a nice “hope’y” sound too.

I only paid 112 for them though – I’d probably wait for superstar’s next 25% off sale which will in a week or so probably…

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I ran mavic crossrides for years and didnt die. Including a run down the fort bill world cup track(on a 120mm full suss!) and they were still true. Wouldnt want to have to replace a spoke though…

thebrowndog
    Free Member

OnOne are flogging their 26er Reetards for a penny under £100. I had a set a few years ago – not light at 2kg but they were nice and round and stayed that way.

grtdkad

Get a pair built for her, I bought a pair of new Stans ZTR Alpine rims (like these in the eBay linky) and then bought a good quality hub and jobs a good’un

Light. Quality and come in at a fraction of a whole wheel…I took my time and found a ‘sale’ XTR Hub even so was properly happy!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172061036314
    “Pair of Stans No Tubes ZTR Alpine rims 28h White 26in NEW RRP £70 each (705)”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bargain 26er Wheels – anything I have missed?’ is closed to new replies.