Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Barclays mobile app
  • molgrips
    Free Member

On the account details page it shows your transaction history and the money in/money out figures – but it doesn’t seem to say over what period it is? Anyone know?

STATO
    Free Member

Well the list of transactions underneath only goes back 3 month so I guess that long?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Can you not specify the period by tapping somewhere near the bars? (Don’t use the app myself, am just going from memory of looking at screenshots.)

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not three months, it looks like about two, but the money in is more than twice my net salary.

STATO
    Free Member

Well when I click the ‘In’ filter I see 3 salary payments (I get paid monthly on the 31st). I suppose if you get paid weekly or something not exactly related to months then it might not be quite so clear?

Edit; Mine goes from 29/03/16 to today, so 68 days not 3 months (but happens to cover the days I got paid)

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

What do you get if you tap that little ‘information’ icon?

STATO
    Free Member

Also, bear in mind moving money into the account then out again still counts as ‘in’. So you could make it higher by just constantly transferring money between accounts.

molgrips
    Free Member

History goes back to 14th April. The ‘in’ payments correspond roughly to that.

So it’s two months, three weeks and one day. That’s a really useful stat 🙄

I don’t have an information icon either.

footflaps

I think mine goes back 5 weeks, iPhone.

Edit 13th Apr, which is longer than I recall, maybe they’ve upped it.

molgrips
    Free Member

That needs to be configurable, so I can set it between paydays which are always on the same day.

STATO
    Free Member

Looks to be configurable on the iPad version of the app but not on the iPhone one (which is what im using). Send them some feedback, might make them add it as an option.

julians
    Free Member

Isn’t it just the last x transactions rather than all transactions over a fixed period of time?

STATO
    Free Member

I dont think so, I have a few accounts on the same app and they all share the same time period despite savings ones only having 1 transaction a month (so only 2 or 3 showing).

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

paydays which are always on the same day

even if they are on a weekend ?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I have spent an inordinate amount of time looking at the design of these things.

That needs to be configurable, so I can set it between paydays which are always on the same day.

Ours will at least have that 8) and a few other options which make them a bit more useful than the instantaneous readout, which is about as useful as your car’s instantaneous MPG readout, IMHO.

molgrips
    Free Member

Are you designing one of these now Dorset_Knob?

footflaps

Barclays one (on iPhone) shows in / out but not the balance after each transaction, which is irritating as it often shows transactions (payments in) before they’ve been added to the account balance, so the account balance on the first screen doesn’t necessarily correspond to the transaction list….

Duff UI IMO.

A good fix would be if you turn the phone to Landscape it added in a ‘total’ column at the end…

molgrips
    Free Member

Barclays one (on iPhone) shows in / out but not the balance after each transaction, which is irritating

Yes, that is also irritating since you can’t (from the phone) see how much you had at the end of the month.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

So many apparently simple and obvious improvements flounder on legacy systems, legal requirements and unnecessary concerns with edge cases.

And so many pointless complications added by misguided corporate thinking, politics and marketing.

Which is why the traditional banks, even with their massive (obscene) budgets face such a threat from things like Mondo (which is not who I’m working for at the moment but yes, molgrips, I’m an information/interaction designer, been working on banking apps for a few years now, including Barclays, although I’m not responsible for the retail banking app that you’re looking at).

The new Clydesdale app ‘B’ seems to have a lot of ideas we couldn’t get off the drawing board here.

molgrips
    Free Member

Having been involved with banks.. it amazes me that they can get any functioning software out of the door 🙂

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Yeah. I’m going to see if I can get involved in start-up land, if I’m not too old and square.

Stoner
    Free Member

as long as you dont block it from running on rooted android phones D_K it’s a “Yes” from me! 🙂

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

dont block it from running on rooted android phones

That would be a technical matter…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Barclays mobile app’ is closed to new replies.