Barcelona

Home Forum Chat Forum Barcelona

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Barcelona
  • hora

We stayed in a rented apartment in the Ramblos (booked online through a site- will try and find it again).

The apartment was spot on.

MrSmith

Hotel Banys Orientals on carrer Argenteria. Well placed for the Born, sea and other tourist bits but far enough away from the Ramblas tat and English people. I’m a habitual BCN visitor and this hotel is where my resident friend recommends people stay, I haven’t used the hotel as I always stay at their flat but have eaten in the restaurant which is very good and great value for posh food. It’s in a great area and the tube is 1min walk away if you are too lazy to walk to the beach then there’s the number 17 bus. (Edit I guess the beach isn’t a priority in November but its worth a stroll)

j5kol

I am embarking on a trip to Barcelona in Nov, i have flights booked but as yet haven’t booked accommodation. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel for myself and the better half (no kids) close to attractions. I have been looking at “The Mirror Hotel” but not sure if it is a bit gimmicky

Premier Icon andyfla
    Subscriber

hotel jazz at the top of las ramblas, fantastic

johndoh

When you are there, please go to The Baghdad Club*.

*Your better half may not thank me for this advice.

j5kol

Think i will give that one a miss, clearly a venue to frequent with the lads

redpanda

I’d avoid anything in/near the centre, as those streets can be pretty rowdy at night, then you’ll have BCN cleaning services etc waking you up at 6am.

Another option is to look at holiday places outside BCN. We’re staying at a 14th century villa between BCN and Girona, and it’s very cheap (self catering but lots of great cafes and restaurants nearby). Prices are a lot lower now, as it’s end of season. Much quieter, lots more space and crucially for us, secure bike storage. And we’ll be surrounded by stunning countryside and fantastic bike/walking trails. BCN is an hour by train, but you should be able to find something a bit closer if you want.

Also went to Hotel Jazz, was nice & well placed. Got breakfast from local cafes insteaf of the hotel though, to save money & see more sights.

stanfree

H10 Marina is also very good , close to the beach and about 10 minutes walk from the City park / zoo.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

we stayed at the tryp apollo with our kids recently on some last-minute thing

nice enough, v close to the tube system and a short walk from the ramblas

another vote for the Jazz

cheap deals via Trivago

Casa Camper

Lovely.

mogrim

Barcelona’s underground is excellent, runs pretty late and is cheap – I’ve stayed at the Hesperia Del Mar (Espronceda, 6) at the end of the sea front (Ronda Litoral) and you can get into town easily from the Selva del Mar station. If there’s a decent offer in that area it might be worth thinking about.

That said, if I were only there for a long weekend I’d probably go for somewhere a bit closer – probably just north of Plaza de Catalunya rather than south in La Rambla.

Premier Icon Nobby
    Subscriber

We like the H10 Montcada. It’s fairly central – about 10 mins walk from Las Ramblas – & across the street from Jaume I metro station & the Cathedral. The Marina, Beach & Parc Ciutadela/zoo are also within easy walking distance.

Sunset watched from the rooftop bar is pretty awesome but it’ll be a tad cold in November to use the jacuzzi up there.

We’ll be there again at the end of October if you need an up to the minute review 🙂

Edit: if you do choose any H10 hotel, when you book it mention that it’s a special occasion i.e. anniversary & you might find an upgrade, champers or cocktails free on arrival 😉

When I used to go there often, it was either;
    Arts – Stunning location, great views, but glad someone else was paying!
    Diagonal – Cool rooftop bar/pool, nice simple hotel, a little quirky, but great value. (Get a room on other side to the colour-changing-dildo-building, though…)

MrSparkle

Nice work OP, me and the Mrs are planning on going to Barc for our wedding anni in Nov so very useful, this. Ta.

Premier Icon Nobby
    Subscriber

PS: there’s a very good app for the Barca metro.

Nice work OP, me and the Mrs are planning on going to Barc for our wedding anni in Nov so very useful, this. Ta.

Go here – No menu, just dish after dish of wonder.

pymwymis

Hotel jardi.

Mrs.Pymwymis and I stayed there a while back. It’s not up market but is really good for the money and has an amazing location.

http://www.virtualtourist.com/hotels/Europe/Spain/Catalunya/Barcelona-274654/Hotels_and_Accommodations-Barcelona-Hotel_Jardi-BR-1.html

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Barcelona’ is closed to new replies.