Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Barbers(or hairderssers for those that way inclined) -how much and how often?
  • stevemuzzy
    Free Member

From some of the surprising comments to another thread…

How ofter do you get your barnet done and how much a go? Location might help as well..

Every 2 weeks…..stirling.

Stoner
    Free Member

£9 rounded up to £10, once a month, People’s Republic of Malvernia

Albanach
    Free Member

Maybe doesn’t count but do it myself every 2-3 weeks. I’m going bald so if I don’t it looks a bit Krusty the Klown ish

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Every 2 weeks. Costs £15, but I get a discount because I go so often and the same hairdresser has cut my hair for over 10 years.

I’m in Lancashire.

dmck16
    Free Member

18 quid, roughly every 6 weeks, at an Edinburgh barber.

thegreatape
    Free Member

How much

£8 I think

How often

When I’ve got court the following day

Murray

DIY every week or two with number 2 clippers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Village barber. Once a month or so. £7.00

Amusingly, someone has just opened another in the village. It’s huge. And they’re charging £16.00 for a trim. Good luck with that!

jimdubleyou

Every 3 weeks or so.

£28.50, Barbers near Fenchurch Street station.

Occasionally I will use the £10 butcher near home, but I generally don’t have time at the weekends.

Sandwich

£7 monthly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

£28.50, Barbers near Fenchurch Street station.

😯 How much?

Used to get mine done on Sloane Street. £15.00

Someone is making good money near Fenchurch Street!

chipster

£6 monthly.
    Small town, West Yorkshire.
    Every now and then I get a cutthroat shave at the same time. That’s £6, too.

scotroutes

Set of clippers bought 25 years ago.

Use them 4-5 times per year.

PMK2060

£4.50 in a village in South Yorkshire. I go every 3-4 weeks.

househusband

Over the past year I’ve grown both my hair and a beard so I’ve started to appreciate the finer things in life; treat myself to a haircut, beard shaping and cut-throat razor shave with all the hot and cold towels, etc.

£29 Once every couple of months and it takes about an hour so well worth it; a proper old-fashioned barbershop in Anstruther, East Fife.

simmy
    Free Member

About £ 8.50 round here, near Bolton but the Turkish lads in Town charge £7.

I go about 5-6 weeks depending on how busy work is.

P-Jay
    Free Member

£10.50 irritatingly as he doesn’t take cards and I don’t use cash day to day. Actually he’s just gone up to £11.

Rhiwbina / Cardiff, opposite a little bike shop so at least I can look at their window display whilst I’m waiting.

Monthly for me or when I remember.

It’s gone £8.50 to £9 to £9.50 and on and on to £11 over 6 months or so, and he’s employed 2 other barbers – he must be after moving to a new house or something.

vickypea
    Free Member

£30 about every 3 months in Macclesfield

Kryton57

£12:50 once a month at the italian barbers around the corner. The added typically histornic banter is worth the visit alone.

clunker

My wife owns a hairdressing salon in Staffordshire I’d like to say I get mine cut whenever I like but sadly not! Most of her male customers 4-5 weeks, I can be double that.

She’d charge £17.50 for a gents cut, free for me though.

PePPeR

£7 every four weeks here in Banburyshire, he does a good job as long as I do the British thing of timing it just right so I don’t get his accomplice..

CaptainSlow

£15 including me beard (I round up to the nearest fiver). Same barber for the past 35 or so years. Every 2 ish weeks.

Tracey

£10 every 5 weeks. South Yorkshire

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Every 2-3 weeks, £12.50 hair & a beard trim…

BenjiM

£6.50, once a month in Longridge, Lancs. Always does a good job and great banter too.

welshfarmer

I’m with Scotroutes & Murray.

Now on my 3rd set of clippers though after 30 years of DIY. Just stand in front of the mirror with the #3 guide on and buzz it all off. Mrs wf tidies up the back and any stray hairs I miss when I am done. Needs doing about every 4-6 weeks, or whenever my bike helmet starts to feel a bit snug 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

She’d charge £17.50 for a gents cut, free for me though.

That’s because you’ll be paying in many other ways without realising it 😆

bearnecessities

W.Yorks. £4 a month, including risqué banter about my vegetables.

I consider the haircut essentially free.

sadexpunk

always less than a tenner in our village, so whatever it is i just hand over a tenner, once a month. lincoln.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Another DIYer here, I usually get one of my daughters to deal with the back and any tufty bits I miss as the wife faffs about with it too much.

tomhoward

£10, Harrogate. 4 times a year, and the 10th one is free.

I’ll never get the free one though, as the chances of me keeping a loyalty card (made of card) for 2 and a half years is non existent.

scotroutes

househusband – Member
    Over the past year I’ve grown both my hair and a beard so I’ve started to appreciate the finer things in life; treat myself to a haircut, beard shaping and cut-throat razor shave with all the hot and cold towels, etc.

Santa brought me a beard trimmer 🙂

spekkie
    Free Member

10 Euros every six weeks for a #2 back and sides and a little bit off the top.

And after every haircut I tell myself to keep it tidy with my own hair trimmers for at least a little while, but I never do.

tillydog
    Free Member

Every 2 weeks? 😯

£8 every 6-8 weeks – North Wales.

One of the cutters is better than the others, so some thought goes into timing to try and make sure I get him. If one of the others cuts my hair, it starts looking tatty again in a few weeks.

Denis99
    Free Member

£7 in sunny Neath.

Once a month

RustySpanner

About once a year, these days.

A friend does it, so usually just get her some flowers and a bottle of wine.

njee20
    Free Member

£9 rounded up to £10, once a month

This. Camden, a one man band place. Old chap who’s been doing it for 40 years, he’s good. Really struggled to find a cheap place in the City, and IME there’s no link between quality and price with a bog standard gents hair cut.

I’d get it done more often, but I don’t like the “I’ve just had my hair cut” look I get for a week or so afterward, then it’s nice for 2 weeks, then it’s a bit of a standoff until my wife says I look scruffy.

lerk
    Free Member

Usually my missus does mine, but I went for a ‘proper’ barbershop trim at the start of December and although it was £40, I felt less robbed than £10 for ten minutes at a normal barbers…
    With hot towel shave, it took an hour and a quarter for hair and beard

breadcrumb

£9.50 rounded up to £10. Every 3 weeks.

Use to be every two weeks when I was younger.

hairyscary

About once a month and I pay £12. Aberdeenshire.

It’s definately an investment as, if I leave it any longer, my hair does this:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Barbers(or hairderssers for those that way inclined) -how much and how often?’ is closed to new replies.