Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bar tape recommendations
  • timbur
    Free Member

Wow, when did bar tape get soooooo expensive???

Any recommendations for a sub £10 setup?  Used Easton in the past and been happy with it but also had Lizard Skin and albeit super lovely £25-30 a roll is hard to swallow.

Anyone using the giant Status stuff?  Looks good but still £16-18 a roll :O/

Cheers

Tim

lunge

Wiggle Lifeline Professional stuff is pretty good and sneaks under £10. Nicely grippy, easy to put on and reasonably hard wearing.

Selcof Grip Evo is also nice from PX, under £10 (just) too.

CraigW
    Free Member

I like Fizik bar tape, available for about £11.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Evans FWE padded Cork is ace and dirt cheap, Bontrager Gel Cork also used to be brill

timbur
    Free Member

OK, thanks all.  Evans order made.

Cheers

Tim

TiRed

Big fan of Fizik.

Avoid Fabric Silicone tape like the plague, I have two sets and both have delaminated. I assume that Lizard Skins is better, and am happy to spend £25, given it is harder wearing, washable and can be reused

BadlyWiredDog

Lizard Skins is nice, but wears through quite fast with frequent use, I find it goes on the hoods first. The Supacaz stuff is similarly expensive, but a sight more durable and has the added bonus of being easier to keep clean than the Lizard Skins. The wrap on my cross bike has been going strong for ages now. The bar plugs are nice too, expanding wedges held in with allen bolts, stay reliably put.

zerolight
    Free Member

I just wrapped mine with Cinnelli Gel Cork. Really like it. Cheap too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bar tape recommendations’ is closed to new replies.