Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bar mounted timer easy to operate.
  • dbcooper
    Free Member

Is there such a thing as this? Just like a stopwatch for self timing on decsents – quick jab to start and stop with a gloved hand?

trail_rat
    Free Member

there was in the 00’s the DMC moto timer.

They probably went way of the dodo when garmin and strava came along.

dbcooper
    Free Member

so with strava if you set a segment, the idea is to speed into the segment, so you can fanny about before and after but it will get your time between entry and exit? Accurate for a 1-2 min descent?
    Might already be set up on strava – Scolty, the descents from the tower?

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah a moto timer will do this. Or if you want a more expensive solution, a garmin with remote lap start/stop button will do much the same. But as above, I’m not sure why this would be better than Strava. Havin used a moto timer, it’s pretty difficult to get it to start/stop accurately while also pinning it.

matt_outandabout

Old watch with big front ‘go’ button, like the Timex Iron man watches have?

dbcooper
    Free Member

I found this whilst looking for the moto thing. Looks like just the job.
    http://www.sportcount-europe.co.uk/sportcount.php
    I will give strava a go. But I think I prefer a timer so we can argue about it on the spot.

There also some 2.99 kitchen timers on ebay.

cookeaa

A few people briefly used Moto timers and swim timers before gps phone/garmin based sports timing sites (Strava, endomondo, etc) became the norm, GPS inaccuracies vs thumb jabbing inaccuracies probably about the same TBH…

jam-bo

Are freelaps still available?

trail_rat
    Free Member

dbcooper , yes strava has many trails on down from scolty tower- worst trails in those woods though , far better on the other wooded hill you can see from the tower if you stand with your back to the carpark.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bar mounted timer easy to operate.’ is closed to new replies.