Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Banshee Prime owners – how to recognize model year make?
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Got itch for Prime from ebay, owner claims it to be 2018 longer/slacker model, but it looks odd on the pictures.

Is there anything that is making distinguishing model make year possible?

Anything in serial number that will tell make year?

I dropped a line to both Banshee Bikes and ISON, buy might not see the answer until after the weekend if I’m lucky…

Cheers!
    I.

chiefgrooveguru

The Phantom, Prime, Spitfire and Rune haven’t changed since 2017. The pre-2017 models have a gusset between the downtube and the seat tube and larger swappable dropouts with three geometry settings, whilst the current models have no gusset there and smaller dropouts with two geometry settings (and a nicer hydroformed top tube with the gusset to the seat tube mast actually part of the tube).

chiefgrooveguru

That black one on eBay in Chester is a 2014 or 2015. The 2013’s don’t have bottle mounts, the 2017 onward has totally different tubing and the 2016 (and maybe the 2015) has a L-shaped shockmount without the diagonal crossbrace.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

That black one on eBay in Chester is a 2014 or 2015.

Bummer 🙁 When now I know what to look at I can see the difference.

That is a shame as not too many 2017 and onward on the second hand market.

Thanks chiefgrooveguru!

Cheers!
    I.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

not too many 2017 and onward on the second hand market.

That’s because they’re keepers.😁

chiefgrooveguru

“That is a shame as not too many 2017 and onward on the second hand market.”

I haven’t ridden the Prime but the Spitfire is excellent. The only reason I’m selling my 2017 is that my Levo monster truck is even more fun (but that’s halfway to being a Moto – I’m keeping the hardtail for non-E duties).

scruff
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru – what are you selling ?

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got an immaculate 2016 Prime which I built up with all top parts and it is an excellent trail bike. It glides over rough trails and climbs well too. You won’t be disappointed.

scruff
    Free Member

CGG-
    too small.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

You won’t be disappointed.

I canned it. Really want updated geo version.

Cheers!
    I.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Banshee Prime owners – how to recognize model year make?’ is closed to new replies.