Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • banning ‘tailor made’ ciggies….
  • alpin
    Free Member

by tailor made i mean pre-rolled packet fags.

i’m no great fan of smoking. my old man coughs up each morning after 50 years of little white sticks and has less than 20% of his lungs left functioning. my mum still insists on smoking ‘air’ ciggies, or silk cuts as they are also known.

what really annoys me about smoking is the butts that are left everwhere outside of bars, street corners, traffic lights, ski slopes, beach etc.

i think if people had to roll their own without filters this problem would be solved. the paper and baccy would degrade relatively quickly. unfortunately the butts take years to degrade.

if i were in charge of government i’d ban filters straight off.

Milkie
    Free Member

if i were in charge of government i’d ban filters straight off.

I’m pretty sure it would make for some more/earlier health problems.

binners

Its a win win. Less litter, and no filters mean us smokers would all cark it a damn site quicker. So less cost to the NHS!

Right! I’m off for a fag. Reading threads like this always makes me want to smoke. Preferably indoors. Possibly in a gym. And blow smoke in everyones faces

alpin
    Free Member

i used to smoke when down the snooker club and would alwas roll my own without filters.

i smoke weed now and do not use filters.

if you are going to smoke why reduce the enjoyment factor with filters?

“filters for poofs” that’d be the slogan to go with the new marketing campaign. no, sod it there wouldn’t be a marketing campaign; it costs too much.

soobalias
    Free Member

worse than that, all the extra chemicals in ‘straights’ make the smoke smell twice as bad.

Keva
    Free Member

same as alpin but without the snooker club.

Kev

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cigars don’t have filters. No problem for me.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Right! I’m off for a fag. Reading threads like this always makes me want to smoke. Preferably indoors. Possibly in a gym. And blow smoke in everyones faces

Nice one Binners! Can I join you?

Then we could go down the organic health food shop, eating kebabs, then smoke cigs in there!

Walk into a Yoga class, with a ghetto blaster pumping out Motorhead…

Keva
    Free Member

true soobalias. Ciggies mink whereas I reckon rollies don’t smell too bad. Also, whilst I was in Central America a couple of yrs ago rollies are really hard to come by so I was forced to smoke ciggies. I ended up smoking much more of them and they are much worse than rollies.

Kev

BigDummy
    Free Member

There is a chapter in Tom Hodgkinson’s wonderful book, “How to be Idle” about the anarchic pleasures of smoking. I do it only very occasionally, but rolling one’s own does seem to be the way to do it. 🙂

baa
    Free Member

You can still buy fags without filters, Players navy cut and capston full
    strengh. When I was in my teens we’d buy these fags, just to see who could manage to get through a pack. Just started smoking again due to depression. I will be giving up the fags again, which I know I can do, mind you I do have a little help, Swedish Snus.

binners

I’m loving your work there Rudeboy.

I have a dream where I go and sit in a parliamentary commitee on health. Eating a steak and kidney pie, and drinking pints of special brew, burp as I’ve finished then light up a fag

Dear Jim. Could you please fix it for me…..

willard

No one here a pipe smoker then?

I really should get round to joining the local bowls club, just so that I can buy a pipe and annoy people a lot further away than with normal cigarettes.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Now your talking! Pipe smoking definitely deserves a renaissance. Never tried it (well apart from trying to smoke hay in dried hogweed as a kid), but the thought of having your own personal bonfire to fiddle with fills me with bliss.

falkirk-mark

Great, that means they can roll there fags while driving as well as smoking them, I know my stepfather used to do it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

our bus driver used to roll-up whilst driving with his knees, used to accelerate round right handers!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I have a dream where I go and sit in a parliamentary commitee on health. Eating a steak and kidney pie, and drinking pints of special brew, burp as I’ve finished then light up a fag

Martin Luther King wooduv been proud of you, my son! 😀

Or walk into a conference on Feminism, and ogle the ladies. ‘Phwooar! Nice pair, love! Now, go and get the kettle on, there’s a good girl!’ Little slap on the arse as she walks past*. ‘Birds, eh? They love it really!’

*RudeBoy does not, in any way condone sexist behaviour in any form, or the derogatory and insulting treatment of wimmin.

izakimak
    Free Member

I quite fancy the pipe smoking thing myself seem’s very uncommited.

epicyclo

I would have no problem with smokers so long as they swallowed their cigarette butts.

Woody
    Free Member

What a pleasant change from the self-righteous guff on the ‘other’ smoking thread 😀

Good work fellas !

shoefiti
    Free Member

I didn’t realise my discarded fag butts were causing so such conern – I don’t like to offend STW’ers sensibilites, so forthwith I will be stopping the fags and switching to this

It’s a lot more enviromentally freindly as it’s reusable.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

In terms of environmental impact, smoking contributes ~60% of street litter in the UK 🙁 . On a global scale, tobacco plantation is a major contributor to deforestation.

It should also be pointed out that smoking hand-rolled fags is just as bad for your health as tailor-made.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘banning ‘tailor made’ ciggies….’ is closed to new replies.