Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Banned from doing handstands!! (kids and school content)
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

WTF!!!!! Just finishing dinner chatting away and the eldest (daughter 10) informed me they now get a bollocking off the dinner ladies if they do any kind of gymnastics type stuff at play time, ie handstands cart wheels etc!! What the **** is this country coming to?? One thing it ain’t is obviously gonna be any medals in the sport that’s for sure!!

RealMan
    Free Member

It’s PC gone mad I tell you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s me gorn maaaayd, I tell you. 😐

wrightyson
    Free Member

Football’l be next, you watch and see!
    Bring back British bulldog I say!!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What the hell are the dinner ladies doing bollocking kids?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Lunchtime supervisers??

trailmonkey

always have been haven’t they ?

Drac

What the **** is this country coming to??

Well it’s still fine elsewhere.

uplink
    Free Member

you can’t be too careful

TheBrick
    Free Member

Tell them to do it anyway.

BenjiM

Is this school policy or someone letting authority go to their head?

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Handstands? Disgusting – little girls showing their knickers!
    Mind you, my parents always say I spent most of my younger years upside down 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Are you a bat?

trailmonkey

no she grew up in australia

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I did used to hang upside down from trees a lot 🙂

TuckerUK
    Free Member

It shows how some parts of the country are over PC, whilst others don’t even do PC (thankfully). Our kids last school had a topsy turvy dress day. So some kids came with tops on their legs, some with clothing inside out, and many (girls included) with underwear outside their clothing. The headteacher would have a criminal record for life if that happened in some parts of the UK. 🙄

fisha
    Free Member

tis coz mummy and daddy are suing the arse out of the education authorities at the moment.

claims such as grazed knee from the grit used at winter not being swept away off the playground by the jannie are such things being upheld for payouts

etc etc etc.

DezB
    Free Member

Girls can do what they want at my son’s school. I just asked him.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Girls can do what they want at my son’s school.

What, no discipline at all? 😯

philconsequence
    Free Member

well personally i’m DISGUSTED!

FURIOUS!

WHAT KIND OF HIPPY MADNESS IS THIS?!

(have they also banned physical education?)

Royston
    Free Member

My son broke his right arm at school yesterday (supra-condylar ?sp). He fell from a climbing frame at his primary school in Auckland.
    It’s a right of passage

DezB
    Free Member

Girls have self control. I quote: “They are just not naughty and the teachers trust them.”
    “Boys could do gymnastics but just choose not to.”

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I have a small 1″ scar on my left hand caused by Sarah Donovan’s shoe heel as she swung down from doing a hayndstaynd against the wall of the school playground. I can’t remember if she showed her knickers or not; it was around 1979-80.

I do remember that it proper ****ing bloody hurt. And bloody bled copiously.

She owned a Grifter, same as me, and had quite good skilz on it. We once saw a couple ‘at it’ in a Ford Fiesta in Victoria Park, while out on our bikes one weekend afternoon.

Last I saw her, she was working in a NatWest I think it might have been, on Mare St. That was I think around 1990.

aracer
    Free Member

tis coz mummy and daddy are suing the arse out of the education authorities at the moment.

Are they? Evidence please.

fisha
    Free Member

the missus is just finishing off an i-osh course ( no idea how you spell it ) which is based around the creation of risk-assessments in the education establishments

whether its scaremongering or not, its apparently been a list of what mummy / daddy and kiddy are suing for … some of which are legit where you think fair do’s and others are as listed above.

The same list of examples included this one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-11821439

molgrips
    Free Member

What the **** is this country school coming to??

FTFY.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I shall complain if they ban handstands and cartwheels at our local school. It truly brightens my day to see the girls having such fun.

dangriff
    Free Member

I have just returned from working on a school building site in the Kapiri district of Uganda. At breaktimes and lunchtimes, the headteacher would send kids over to help on the site. Cutting bricks with machettes, digging foundations with sharp hoes, shifting large granite hardcore pieces and lugging around old skool 50kg cement bags. The school is a primary school and most kids are between 6 and 10 yrs old!

aracer
    Free Member

The same list of examples included this one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-11821439
    Congratulations. You appear to have found an example of a pretty legitimate reason to sue where a risk assessment should have been carried out, the result of which is unlikely to limit what pupils can do. Don’t you think that maybe doing risk assessments is actually a perfectly reasonable thing to do, whether or not parents are suing.

takisawa2

They’ll be banning British Bulldog’s next. The younger chaps look at me like I’m mad when I suggest a game in the office at lunchtime. Usually end up playing on my own, with the coat stand. They frown at my doing my hand stands also.

busydog
    Free Member

Same rampant over-PC here in the US as well. No dodge-ball, tag or similar activity in many elementary schools—God forbid that they allow any sports/contests where they keep actually score because someone might win and damage the ego of the ones that lose.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Same rampant over-PC here in the US as well.

Doing handstands and cartwheels is a “politically correct” issue ?

neninja
    Free Member

They’ve banned proper footballs from my kids primary school since September.

Lots of the boys used to take their own footballs in to play with at lunch time but a lad stood on one when trying to kick it and fell breaking his arm.

Now they can only use tennis balls or ‘foam’ full size footballs.

What a crock.

busydog
    Free Member

Doing handstands and cartwheels is a “politically correct” issue ?

PC a poor choice of words on my part, but I think you know what I mean

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

PC a poor choice of words on my part, but I think you know what I mean

Did you mean “it’s the nanny state gone mad” ?

That’s the problem with knee-jerk conservative rhetoric……….you can get your “it’s political correctness gone mad/the nanny state gone mad/human rights gone mad” all mixed up.

It’s the fact that it’s knee-jerk, and bypasses the brain, what does it.

BTW, can you deport an illegal immigrant if they own a cat in the US ? ……you can’t here in the UK. Shocking.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I thought it was me what’s gorn maaayd? 😐

No?

busydog
    Free Member

BTW, can you deport an illegal immigrant if they own a cat in the US ? ……you can’t here in the UK. Shocking

First I’ve heard of it—you can deport someone who is here illegally, but don’t think owning a cat has anything to do with it.

I didn’t post to get into a p*****g contest over liberal vs conservative politics–just stated my agreement that some of these imposed limitations on kids by schools are, as neninja put it, “a crock”

totalshell

from our primary school this week, all hair that is long enough to be secured with a ‘bobble’ should be worn that way at all times ( m and f) as apparently long hair has beeen the cause of an accident this week.
    gymnastics must not be performed / practiced on any part of the school grounds ( they not allowed to do forward rolls in PE even)
    little miss tts was 6 two weeks ago she took a box of sweeties for her class mates to share.. the teacher would not accept them as the school has a clear policy on food consumed on premises ( no sweets soft drinks crisps)
    however the staff room is always full of sweets and biscuits and i havent seen a teacher refuse an end of term gift box of roses..

aracer
    Free Member

little miss tts was 6 two weeks ago she took a box of sweeties for her class mates to share.. the teacher would not accept them as the school has a clear policy on food consumed on premises ( no sweets soft drinks crisps)

Well what did you expect exactly?

owenfackrell
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Well what did you expect exactly?

The same as they do at most schools. Which is to hand them out as the kids leave for the day and that way they are eating them off school grounds.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Banned from doing handstands!! (kids and school content)’ is closed to new replies.